RME ADI-8 AE Score!

C-Martin

Mar 8, 2009
Montreal
www.soundclick.com
I just did a really low best offer on ebay thinking it wouldn't really work... and it did work! :kickass:

RME ADI-8 AE for 375£!

$(KGrHqV,!hkE5orF!s5jBOlyRd0RN!~~60_12.JPG

I actually needed an 8 ch converter soon since i'm about to run out of I/O with some outboard i'm waiting to arrive. I was thinking about saving for an ADI 8 DS but then i saw this and figured i'd give it a shot and see if i could get away with a discount. Anyone here have any experience with the AE version? I've read somewhere that its a under spec DS but still a good 8ch converter for the money. This would be my first RME product and i'm eager to see how well they live up to their reputation. I'm hoping it will be a considerable upgrade to my current Liquid Saffire converters and will be good to last me good while before i want to upgrade again.

Yeah, it's my main converter. Sounds pretty great for the money!

I also did a low bid and ninja'd it on eBay. Been looking for a 2nd one for a while. Using an ADI-8 Pro in the mean time as a slave.

Rack.jpg

Sweet, that's a nicely filled rack you got there! I'd love to have one of those old DBX 160. How do you find the AE compared to the Pro? It seems like your saying the Pro isn't as good. Is the difference that noticeable that you'd prefer the AE over the Pro?

The Pro is 'better' on paper than the AE, but it doesn't do 96k and the settings get reset each time you turn it off. My plan is to get an Alphalink and a MADI card down the track. The recabling and gear will likely cost me several thousand though, so it's been put off.