RME FireFace 800 latency during monitoring?

Firefacebuffer.png

This is the correct menu. You should double click the orange RME icon in your taskbar to view this menu. Right bottom corner of the screen usually.

thread is ridiculous, lol. Do exactly as Brett just said.... should be PERFECT. I get 2ms latency at 48 samples during tracking with NO hiccups what-so-ever.

This is with an older AMD Quad-Core Phenom (Black Edition), 4GB of RAM running on XP SP3... =D

Ok, so i did exactly as you guys said. i found the buffer size and i decrease it to 64 on the totalmix menu. Although it did help with the latency with the RME, it didnt do anything when i turned the monitor button in cubase on. Although it may be something i can deal with when doing vocals, it frustrates me when i record with my pod. Theres a noticable delay and its very annoying. Please tell me how to fix this. Even when i monitor things like pod farm (which is a vst plugin inside my DAW), the same delay is present. wtf guys

Ok, so i did exactly as you guys said. i found the buffer size and i decrease it to 64 on the totalmix menu. Although it did help with the latency with the RME, it didnt do anything when i turned the monitor button in cubase on. Although it may be something i can deal with when doing vocals, it frustrates me when i record with my pod. Theres a noticable delay and its very annoying. Please tell me how to fix this. Even when i monitor things like pod farm (which is a vst plugin inside my DAW), the same delay is present. wtf guys

Now that you found the buffer, where was this 150 thing? I'd like to know that. :)
When you use the monitor button in Cubase its good to know which plugins are active. Some plugins like SIR 1 have a latency of 8960 samples. So no matter what buffer you set the system is delayed 8960 samples.
Go into plugin information and see which latency your used plugins cause.
Disable the one with the highest latency and see if it gets better then!

l.jpg

Scroll around and look which active plugin has the highest latency and tell us.

Now that you found the buffer, where was this 150 thing? I'd like to know that. :)
When you use the monitor button in Cubase its good to know which plugins are active. Some plugins like SIR 1 have a latency of 8960 samples. So no matter what buffer you set the system is delayed 8960 samples.
Go into plugin information and see which latency your used plugins cause.
Disable the one with the highest latency and see if it gets better then!

l.jpg

Scroll around and look which active plugin has the highest latency and tell us.

The thing is, is that there is a delay when there arent any plugins. i have my pod xt pro connected to my FF800 via SPDIF. when ionito it though totalmix, its perfectly fine. But when i try to monitor it through cubase (even with no plugins active) theres a delay. This also hapens if i monitor a mic from one of the 7-10 mic inputs.