Rob van der Loo's New Solo EP!

SaTriaNi said:
I listened the samples on the site and they sound cool! I'm ordering it right away! But i have a question: Who else plays on this record? The drums sound like dennis's drumset. Is that right?

Joost and I did the drum-programming together...
The samples we used were from Dennis' drumkit, some jazzdrummer's kit (I believe he's someone who did some recordings with Joost before) and some percussion stuff wich was mostly used for "Floating" and "Cafe".
Everything was played on bass and Stick so no guitar or keyboards.
I used the Stick and fretless bass for the first two tracks, 7 string- and fretless bass for "Floating" and the rest of the songs were completely played on the 7 string. So....that's it! :)

Rob

that's very cool man! A record with only bass and drums! And i'm glad you didn't use a drum computer or something like many other solo albums have. Because this sounds very good! You can't hear that it isn't dennis playing the drums. b.t.w. First i thought the chords on six arms came from a guitar :)

SaTriaNi said:
that's very cool man! A record with only bass and drums! And i'm glad you didn't use a drum computer or something like many other solo albums have. Because this sounds very good! You can't hear that it isn't dennis playing the drums. b.t.w. First i thought the chords on six arms came from a guitar :)

Hehehehe.... :)
Thanks man!
Yeah, sometimes when I listen to it myself I don't believe it either.
loco.gif
LOL

Rob

I don't have the whole album yet, but the samples on your site really sound very cool indeed!
That cd gives a whole new meaning to the term "Drum 'n Bass" music :)
I assume I can buy the cd at jamrock?

btw: too bad you're not going to do a clinic at jamrock,... after seeing what you can do on 7 strings, I'd really like to see you play a stick! (that's a few "deadly strings" more :)

solitudewithin said:
I don't have the whole album yet, but the samples on your site really sound very cool indeed!
That cd gives a whole new meaning to the term "Drum 'n Bass" music :)
I assume I can buy the cd at jamrock?

btw: too bad you're not going to do a clinic at jamrock,... after seeing what you can do on 7 strings, I'd really like to see you play a stick! (that's a few "deadly strings" more :)

Yup, you can buy it at jamrock.
tickled.gif

About the clinic; Well, already two other Sun Caged members (Dennis and Marcel) will be having a clinic so you don't have to worry! Hehehehe....
Anyway, good news. I will be playing the Stick at this gig...only ONE song, but it will be cool, I guess. :)
Just be there!

Rob