Robbery Proper

dorian gray

Returning videotapes
Apr 8, 2004
I forgot to mention I've been robbed. It's boring and I don't feel like going through the details after listening to the wife spend endless hours on the phone talking to various parties but basically, I got skimmed. Some sneaky motherfucker got my debit card info from somewhere, probably a gas station, and created a replicate debit card. The wife happened to check our bank statement this past Tuesday (apparently she does this daily) and some $500 had spent in Missouri, a state I don't even know the location of, let alone been there in person.
We're getting the money back but still....FUCK ME that was some scary shit.

A round of applause goes to the first person who figures out where the money was spent. It's easy: it was all in one place and it was the same place that all dregs of American society goes not only to shop regularly but also the minute someone gets their hands on a stolen debit or credit card

Chromie and Moose tie ftw for posting at the same time. Well done, gentlemen.
Wal-Mart sucks so bad.
Did you guys know that cashiers at Wal-Mart do not check IDs against plastic because PEOPLE COMPLAINED IT TOOK TOO MUCH TIME OUT OF THEIR DAY? The rep at Wal-Mart insisted that this was a policy of Visa, not of Wal-Mart but if that's so, why does Target check ID?
During one of her many conversations, the wife asked them if the policy was in place, "perhaps, maybe, because you are receptive to a large percentage of the illegal population?"

that sucks dorian ... but really nobody checks id's anymore.

I had something similar happen to me about 6 months ago where $2k dissapeared off of my Debit card from Romania of all places.
my bank told me it was some massive scheme going on and it affected a shitload of customers, i just thought it was odd that it was from my home country. was ready to interogate all the guys i do biz with over there.

I really can't recall any time within the past several years that I've been IDed upon using my card, anywhere.

Walmart though will demand to see an ID immediately for purchasing things such as:
permanent markers
camp saws
Red Rider BB guns
something else I can't remember what it was, but some completely harmless thing that came in an aerosol can, and when they asked for my ID, I responded "are you serious?" and laughed because I thought it was a joke. The look I was given in return was serious, deadly serious.

Yeah, you have 60 days to report a claim. So if you are laid up in a hospital for a couple months and someone cleans out your bank account...sorry!
@Lurch: :lol: That's alot of money though man. What was the end result?

Yeah, you have 60 days to report a claim. So if you are laid up in a hospital for a couple months and someone cleans out your bank account...sorry!
@Lurch: :lol: That's alot of money though man. What was the end result?

the bank replaced the money on my account but it too like 3 weeks. luckily I am millionaire so it didn't affect me much.

Get prepared to deal with debt collectors, regardless of how everything gets handled. 3 years now I've been dealing with them, the "debt I owe" gets passed along and along" and when I tell them to fuck off and send all the documents regarding the stolen bank info (thanks to utah and their apparent lack of technological know how), it just gets sold off to another company and I have to deal with them. At this point I don't even send the shit anymore, I just come up with new creative ways to fuck with the person on the phone. Gotta make it fun some how.

Oh, what I got from the wonderful utah bank that made the fuck up? About half of my money back and free credit reports for year. Thats all, that under the state law then, I was allotted to.

Edit: I should mention that the debt is for a massive purchase that was made with my credentials. I still have no idea what it is, but considering the person hasn't been caught, I'm sure they're enjoying it.

I had the same shit happen a while back. They bought shit (two TVs) at Walmart and some sports memorabilia online (the Walmart thing was in the store). I mean, come on. When was the last time anyone bought two flatscreen tvs at the same time.

We ended up getting the $ back but it was a pain the ass.

ah i remember i think my senior year of high school, we got a bunch of rejected credit card applications in my name in the mail. some stupid motherfucker trying to rip off an 18 year old with no credit perhaps :rolleyes:

Wal-Mart. Wasnt it Aurel who said he's never actually *seen* a Wal-Mart? That rules.

My mother-in-law works for Wal-Mart. Every time she is in town, without fail, I make some sort of "I'd not step into that hole if it was the last place on earth that was selling booze" comment only to look over and see her leering at me. FML