Rock Harvest

Smart move then.
If this does turn around, it could work out really well for you guys long term, in remaining loyal to it.

how would it help? Getting to redo this mess all over again with Rock Harvest III? I am sure it won't even happen and if it does it will literally just be all local acts where it won't even be worth playing it.

I wonder what the charity thinks of all of this. It has to look bad for them as well because the average person isn't in the know like we are who look for this type of info. The average music fan is going to look at the charity as the wrong doer because this is who it is for. I hope this Fallen Blue isn't looked at as a fraud because of this.

I'm still planning on going. Ashes of Ares & A Sound of Thunder are worth what I paid for the 3-Day pass. Although, I may just go to the festival Thursday night, chill out in Baltimore on Friday night and head home Saturday morning.

I wonder what the charity thinks of all of this. It has to look bad for them as well because the average person isn't in the know like we are who look for this type of info. The average music fan is going to look at the charity as the wrong doer because this is who it is for. I hope this Fallen Blue isn't looked at as a fraud because of this.

Fallen Blue Charity President: John Guarnieri

Rock Harvest Promoter: John Guarnieri

So to answer your question, the charity thinks this event is still gonna rock.

how would it help? Getting to redo this mess all over again with Rock Harvest III? I am sure it won't even happen and if it does it will literally just be all local acts where it won't even be worth playing it.

Because it's still something the band believed in at one point. It's local for them, and they want it to do well.....

Not trying to bust chops, but look at how many things you have done to help Ragnarokkr keep going strong that you don't truly agree with? You do it because you want it to continue to be a successful festival in your own backyard.

If it's local, and they weren't getting paid anyhow, there really is nothing to lose.

I'm sure he can separate the two roles....

homer-bush_large.gif

Because it's still something the band believed in at one point. It's local for them, and they want it to do well.....

Not trying to bust chops, but look at how many things you have done to help Ragnarokkr keep going strong that you don't truly agree with? You do it because you want it to continue to be a successful festival in your own backyard.

If it's local, and they weren't getting paid anyhow, there really is nothing to lose.

I guess the upside of this whole thing is that it makes Ragnarokkr look as smoothly run as ProgPower...by terrible, terrible comparison.

I guess the upside of this whole thing is that it makes Ragnarokkr look as smoothly run as ProgPower...by terrible, terrible comparison.

I will be brutally honest here as I consider myself a friend of Odin.
The biggest issue that has and will continue to hurt Ragnarokkr is the lack of promotion. Period.

A traditional metal fest, esp in the states, is simply not a "book it and they will come" event.

The show itself always runs really smoothly, even in the first year.

Well, since you brought up Prog Power, I wonder if Rock Harvest's promoters ever considered sponsorship or other fund raising efforts.

It actually isn't that badly run...Ragnarokkr. The booking is a little weird sometimes but he doesn't screw over bands. The only bands that have ever dropped off were due to a tour being cancelled and one band breaking up.

As Jason said though, their biggest problem is the promotion. However, with each passing year they get a larger fanbase which I attribute to word of mouth.

It actually isn't that badly run...Ragnarokkr. The booking is a little weird sometimes but he doesn't screw over bands. The only bands that have ever dropped off were due to a tour being cancelled and one band breaking up.

As Jason said though, their biggest problem is the promotion. However, with each passing year they get a larger fanbase which I attribute to word of mouth.

yeah yeah yeah....promotion is never something that happens much for Ragnarokkr. But unlike Rock harvest...when a band drops / breaks up / tour cancels...he ALWAYS gets a equal level fit. When Morbid Saint dropped out he got Blood Feast. Hour of 13 was replaced by the reunion of Tyrant's Reign and so on. This guy is basically getting name bands and replacing them with bands no one has heard of.

Looks like Raven is playing friday...just saw the band posting it on facebook

Terra Incognita is not playing. The promoters state their vocalist fell ill two hours before their flight departed. They hope to have them back at RH3.

It would appear that eating the cost of international flights is no big deal.

Heh....

Terra Incognita is not playing. The promoters state their vocalist fell ill two hours before their flight departed. They hope to have them back at RH3.

Heh....

you ought to see the battle with one of the guys and jermey here on facebook...it is getting ugly.

Heh....

So help me here everyone.

Their flight is 15 hours long. The singer fell ill 2 hours before flight departed... which, at a minimum, was 17 hours ago (say they were supposed to land RIGHT NOW).

He's announcing this cancellation about 6 hours before they hit the stage.

So he just found out about that right now? lol the numbers STILL don't add up.