Rock Harvest

Plan is to get there for ASoT. I'll keep you posted. Rather than yelling out "Slayer" between songs, I'm going to yell out "ProgPower".

I did see that Ashes set time changed in the last 24 hours. I just hope the sound is decent.

Awesome. You win some internets.

Plan is to get there for ASoT.

And you did! And we hung out! And it was awesome!

The show was surprisingly well attended, especially for a Thursday. We sold a crap-ton more vinyl than usual, so I'm pretty thankful that we stuck it out. TTD was AWESOME. Them and Ashes totally blew my face of.

We (anubis gate) are playing RH III. We will co- headline with warlord on thursday the 30. october.

Kim,

I sincerely hope you guys are able to come to the US and rock everyone. It's long overdue.

However, given the drama surrounding Rock Harvest this past year, not to mention the questionable practices adopted by the promoters, you have to understand why people would take the news with a grain of salt. I'm not just saying that out of the blue - one of the bands I work with pulled out because of the same reason most other bands did.

Again, best of luck and you can be certain that if Anubis Gate is, in fact, at RH next year, I'll be there myself just to see you guys. Just keep in mind all of the BS that went on this year.

Cheers!

I too have followed the events surrounding RH II and i fully understand if people have trepudations. However, as it is in our business, we have a signed contract and that's what we have to adhere to. And we have to trust that the organizers learned a great deal from RH II. We are certainly looking forward to playing and indeed meeting some of our US fans :)

The funny thing is, Simon, you have recently given me crap over what I have gone to and not after trying to be "in the scene" and going to shows of bands you don't even know or like to fit in. Also equally funny is the crap you give me for not going to see shows when you missed MANY shows over the past couple of years for a girlfriend who was giving you crap for going to them. At least when I don't go to a show it's because I choose my family over said show. I know you are making up for lost time and, let's face it, missing out the first time on lots of these bands, but no need to be an ass about it in the process.

The only days I don't go to shows are my wife's birthday and our anniversary.. and then only if she doesn't want to go with, which she usually does.

...The benefit of our kids being grown up and moved out. :)

The funny thing is, Simon, you have recently given me crap over what I have gone to and not after trying to be "in the scene" and going to shows of bands you don't even know or like to fit in. Also equally funny is the crap you give me for not going to see shows when you missed MANY shows over the past couple of years for a girlfriend who was giving you crap for going to them. At least when I don't go to a show it's because I choose my family over said show. I know you are making up for lost time and, let's face it, missing out the first time on lots of these bands, but no need to be an ass about it in the process.

You need to learn not to get personal; I never do that to you, but since you brought it up let's go there and clear the air.

1. She never gave me crap for going to shows. I chose to go to less shows mostly due to money and WANTING to spend time with her. Also, fall time is usually when I go to a bunch of shows. I still would have gone to the majority of shows if she was still around. If we were to take a look back at last fall I also went to a ton of shows.

2. I don't give you as much crap going to shows as a certain somebody or somebodies. The only thing I give you crap about is that you mostly seem to only go to shows you play and the fact that you NEVER go to shows you really want to see if no one else is interested or free to go with you.

3. My comment about you not going to Rock Harvest had nothing to do with the regular amount of shows you attend. It had to do with that you don't usually travel to go to shows and due to family you have said that you can't, which I've always understood. How long did it take you to go to Progpower? And the only reason you went this year was because you were visiting a friend who wasn't that far away from Atlanta.

4. Not to quote Glen or anything but stop being a dick. I used to defend you all the time on the boards and such but honestly the last few months you seem to be going completely insane and being a complete asshat. You've buried yourself so many times on these boards lately. Get a grip, grow up and relax.

and the fact that you NEVER go to shows you really want to see if no one else is interested or free to go with you.

I think this honestly happened one time this year, and that was Saint Vitus.

The reason I am getting personal is that you have become a jerkwad about it since you have been trying hard to be a scenester. You used to be a nice kid. Ha.

Finally, I am sick and tired of everyone's excused for NOT going to shows (IE - I had work, I wanted to spend time with so and so, etc, etc) always being valid, but if I dare EVER say I chose my family, I get pooped on.

This is something not at all exclusive to you, BTW.

The only days I don't go to shows are my wife's birthday and our anniversary.. and then only if she doesn't want to go with, which she usually does.

...The benefit of our kids being grown up and moved out. :)

Yep!!! and you probably have a little more expendable income with them OUT of the house.

I think people fail to realize that if you are a family man, going to a show means leaving your spouse and kids home alone. Therefore, you gotta choose wisely. Granted I know there are plenty of folks who have no issue leaving their families home alone all weekend so they can go out, and that is great for them. Gotta do whatever works for you.

I think this honestly happened one time this year, and that was Saint Vitus.

The reason I am getting personal is that you have become a jerkwad about it since you have been trying hard to be a scenester. You used to be a nice kid. Ha.

Finally, I am sick and tired of everyone's excused for NOT going to shows (IE - I had work, I wanted to spend time with so and so, etc, etc) always being valid, but if I dare EVER say I chose my family, I get pooped on.

This is something not at all exclusive to you, BTW.

It's just something I've noticed through the years that you never go solo. It's something I'll probably never understand as I love going to shows solo.

I am not a scenester dude. I like the music I like. That's how it's always been with me and always will be with me. I have only retaliated on you lately because you've been an ass and again, for the most part I'm not the one giving you shit about not going to shows. It's the others. There is never a reason to get personal though. I am fine with joking around and such; the only thing you've done lately that pisses me off is when you put words in my mouth I haven't said. It's always been a pet peeves of mine. You don't like having the joke turn on you and that's when you get defensive. Just stop and relax.

And again, I'm the one that has never had a problem really with you going to shows due to family. We've even had that conversation before.