Rock in Rio , what did you think of it ???

_(^DRACULA^)_

_(^DRACULA^)_
Aug 26, 2001
Melbourne , Australia , Supremacy
clik.to
well just wanna talk about the actual live cd not the DVD ...
the DVD is very good ... no questions or doubts about it ..

but comparing the live album to there other ones , what do you think of it ???
it seems that the recording this time is alot clearer with more crowd in it , very smooth and very maiden ....

but can you hear 3 guitars in there at all ????
i put on the headphones and really couldn't pick 3 , only here an there where you sorta can tell that there is 2 leads and a rythem ..
Bruce's voice seem to still kick ass after all these years ..... man he's some talant ....

i even noticed that in this cd he actually was more punctual whe it came to the way he sang some lines and the way he did that evil fucking laough in "fear of the dark" lol ...

but yeah .... i don't think of it as "just another maiden live" , was worth buying really ...
and extra live clips "off the dvd" in the cd were pretty tempting enough that you would just leave your seat and head off to your local music store and grab it ...

i relised that BigW sels the dvd cheeper than Metal Mayhem $43 it was ... but yeah .... over all 9/10 i give ... the guitars are very tight and the miing is alot clearer than some of there other live albums ...

Cheers ;)

The crowd in AIA sucks, they turned them down in the mixing process! :mad:

Still a great album though :D

Oh, turned them DOWN in the mixing process. I see. :)

Why'd they do that? Did they pinch someone's bootleg to make an album out of it and had to turn down some Greek blokes singing out of tune?

I think it's a cool album, but there're moments when it sounds like someone's dropped their guitar... anyone else heard that?:confused:

The production on RIR isnt the best, but the atmosphere more than makes up for it! :headbang:

Spiffy: The crowd was so loud you couldnt hear the band sometimes apparently :D

Originally posted by Mark
I think it's a cool album, but there're moments when it sounds like someone's dropped their guitar... anyone else heard that?:confused:

yep, i know exactly what you mean man

still an excellent cd indeed!

When I was watching the DVD, I noticed that Janick has stolen a lot of Adrian's leads! Not happy Jan! What I thought was kinda cool was when they both play the solo in 'The Trooper' at the same time. It's really the only time you notice there's three guitarists playing. I think they should do that more often. Do something like an Eagles type thing with two guitarist playing different but complementary leads at the same time. Otherwise, what's the point?

I really really like it, particularly in some songs like Fear of the Dark, where you can hear the crowd singing along to the whole thing, that's pretty cool.
Nice to get a recording of Bruce's rendition of Sign of the Cross too.
If/ when they ever do another live album though, I'd really like to hear some more obscure tracks done, To Tame a land or something along those lines, just something out of left field. I love The Trooper and all, but that's kinda been on enough albums now.... :D

I've never felt the slightest inclination to buy either the CD or the DVD of Rock in Rio. It just doesn't seem important that I own it.

One of the bigger department stores in Adelaide (Myers I believe) had lots of copies of BNW on a discount table for $4.95. If they do the same with RiR one day, I might just change my mind.

W

RIR was crap, Eddie sucked,Nicko made to many bad facials and Bruce waved the flag completey wrong.

and there were way to many Brazilians,and they suck also.

thankyou.

Goreripper, I suppose it kind of makes sense that Janick is allowed to play some of Adrian's solos on RIR - after all, he was playing them for nine years before Adrian came back, and Adrian was in the band for nine years or so until he left.

Janick rules. He may not be the most accomplished of guitarists, but what he brings to the band songwriting-wise is priceless.

Koichi - I didn't like Eddie either. I think it's time to put him to bed - he only seems to come out just for the hell of it now. The big Eddie at the back is OK, but the walk-on Eddie isn't.