Rock Star INXS - Little Dolls Singer!

I just saw the show for the first time today on VH1. What a show! I thought Deanna did good, she has a good stage presence and works the crowd too. Nice. They must do a blind draw in picking who does what songs. The guys from INXS said they are a "diverse" band, so that's why the singers have to do stuff they're uncomfortable with. I remember doing a kamakase karaoke night one time, got stuck with an Weird Al tune! Yikes! I feel for Brandon, not knowing the song of a band you're auditioning for is a def no-no! I wonder how many times Michael forgot the words of his own songs live?

No blind draw on the songs, the band or whoever has chosen the songs put them on a board and the contestants choose which song they want to do.

She's the best on there IMO but something tells me there is no way they will have a female singer take the place. I hope Im wrong. I don't like INXS never have but she is hot and a great performer and would make the best singer

I wasn't that thrilled with that new INXS song they had the contestants write vocals for.

I felt so bad for Deanna in the bottom three Wed and she looked so scared.:cry: But she shined big time when she sang that song didn't she? She's so awesome.

Ya, that JD is bugging me too.

Doodoobubbachuck said:
Go Deanna go! I'd LOVE to do a night in WA with The Little Dolls opening for The Maidens! That would be fun!!!!!! Guess we gotta see what happens for Deanna for now tho huh. :headbang:

Jeez, you and Sara would be knackered after that!!!
loco.gif

For what I've read on this board I think I need to start watching this show. Another show for the Tivo to start recording. I saw the little dolls at Diablos Rockin' Cantina a while back and it was an amazing show to say the least. I can see why your singer would be doing so well on the show.

laters

Doodoobubbachuck said:
For anyone interested, Sara and my side trib to Ozzy (The Little Dolls) is on hold at the moment because our singer is now on the new reality show Rock Star INXS! We wish her the best of luck, and you can help her too by tuning in and voting for her! Her name is Deanna Johnston. It all kicks off this Monday!!! They will be showing segments of the first Little Dolls show that night! :headbang:

We just got back from a live taping of some live performances by each of the contestants..........damn. Deanna sounded reaaaaaaaalllly good!!!!! :hotjump:
I think we may have lost our singer. ;) They absolutely loved her, and I think you will too!!!!! Here's the info:

Special one hour premiere
Monday, July 11 at 9PM ET/PT

On CBS

In the week following the premiere, ROCK STAR: INXS will be seen regularly on Mondays at 9:30 PM ET/PT, Tuesdays at 10:00 PM ET/PT and Wednesdays at 9:30 PM ET/PT For more info visit http://www.cbs.com/primetime/rock_star/

Thanks!

Watching the show last night on VH1, I feel for Deanna. I mean, I've been singing for a while, but I can't write a song to save my life! I just end up staring at a blank page for hours and can't put anything down! If it were me, I would've taken Cold as Ice and ended it there! If the band asked why, I'd say that I'm a singer and that's the only thing I know how to do. Those guys have their work cut out for 'em, I wish 'em well.

The contestants have a very tough job. Although the band wants them to write original material this time around, it still isn't clear whether the new singer will actually even be permitted to participate in writing (e.g., Ripper Owens/Judas Priest). For all we know, the new record may already have been written. Damn, it must be extremely difficult for any of these contestants to become part of a band whose members have worked together for decades, no matter how much he/she is a fan of INXS. I wish them luck, but hopefully the winner will be happy with whatever role he/she is allowed by the band to have. I don't envy any one of them. I honestly think that the ones who DON'T win will have more sincere careers ahead of them, IMO.

Who knows? For all we know, they might already have a singer lined up, they're just doing the show for the publicity! When Styx and Journey got their new vocalists, Tommy Shaw stepped to the front, while Neal Schon let theirs step right in! So there's no telling what'll come of this. One thing for sure, it'll be something to tell the kids down the road!

Not that I want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it yet tonight, but I have to say this....

DOH!

And I'm sorry, but I laughed my ass off when this particular person was done hugging another particular person and had a funny looking "bruise" above thier right eye....lol.

Damn! Just when I'm getting into this show, Deanna's gone! Bummer! Well at least the Little Dolls don't hafta find a new lead singer! I wish I can see and hear her sing more than just Ozzy, I thought she was great! Myself, I think the INXS gig will go to either Mig or JD. Slight edge to JD. I wish Deanna well in her future endeavors.

WillyKing said:
Damn! Just when I'm getting into this show, Deanna's gone! Bummer! Well at least the Little Dolls don't hafta find a new lead singer! I wish I can see and hear her sing more than just Ozzy, I thought she was great! Myself, I think the INXS gig will go to either Mig or JD. Slight edge to JD. I wish Deanna well in her future endeavors.

Yeah its a bummer, I thought she would make it much further. However, I just never could picture her fronting INXS. That song she wrote with Ty kicked some major ass though, didn't it? :worship: The LD's need to throw some audio clips up on thier site...

I don't think anyone who has made it this far will have any problems finding success, if they haven't already. As far as who I think will make top spot, I'm betting on Mig. JD is too cocky imho. He can sing like crazy, and the ladies seem to like him, but I think the others are getting tired of his mouth. I nearly jumped for joy when for one brief shiny moment it seemed that he was in the bottom three.

Well I posted something but it seems to have dissappeared. Poo. I was sad Deanna was so sad. I'm sure she'll be getting some calls from agents wanting to work with her. She deserves it. She's a wonderful person and great talent.
Cheers!