Rockers Iron Maiden appeal to fans

Spiff

I have the power
Apr 14, 2001
Brisbane, Australia
Legendary British rockers Iron Maiden have appealed to their worldwide legion of fans for ideas on how to make more money from their extensive back-catalogue.

The heavy metal band, who recorded such hits as "The Number of the Beast" and "Seventh Son of a Seventh Son", are about to re-release their albums for the third time, but due to "unforeseen circumstances" their management staff have advised them to look into alternative ways to fill their coffers.

"[Manager] Rod Smallwood was really surprised that the kids bought the first two re-releases of the albums, so he figured that they'd buy them again," bassist and founder Steve Harris said. "He's a bit sceptical about trying it again in twelve months time, though, so we're trying to figure out what the fans would be prepared to fork out their hard-earned for next time around."

With action figures of the band's mascot, Eddie, available, as well as a plastic head of the aforementioned zombie which holds the second rerelease of the albums, complete with flashing lights, the band are hoping to release even more exciting goodies for their fans to purchase.

"We figure that as long as they have the money to burn, and as long as they're interested in the band, that we'll still have a tidy income over the next few years at the very least," vocalist Bruce Dickinson said. "We just have to figure out ways to exploit that market. Dave [Murray, guitarist] suggested an Eddie bubblebath, and Nicko [McBrain, drummer] thinks that an album with Maiden performing alongside popular stars of today like Craig David and Enrique Iglesias would be the way to go."

"I like Janick's [guitarist Janick Gers] idea the best, though," said Harris. "We just sell a home video of us walking around scratching ourselves and pointing at things. We know that our fans will buy anything we sell them, but it's just a matter of staying fresh... and who's fresher than Maiden?"

Iron Maiden are sufficiently impressed by this to suggest that they will go to court shortly, and demand retribution for all of the bootlegs that have been purchased/sold/swapped/traded over the years.

"There's no doubt there is a big market out there for bootlegs", Rod Smallwood commented, "and I think we are well within our rights to ask for a small piece of the action".

A fee of $US10 will be charged per bootleg bought or traded anytime over the past 20 years, with holders of these bootlegs asked to forward their money within the next 14 days, or court action will be taken.

"Our fans are the best in the world", he continued, "but if they are listening to our music without payment, then they are crooks, and should be sent to prison".

Representatives of Napster and Metallica were unavailable for comment.

Well I think you are being a tad harsh... though it is pretty freaking funny :lol:

Noones forcing anyone to buy the new ones, and if you want the bonus tracks, just download the MP3s when it comes out, I know that not the point really, but you know, whatever *shrugs*
:)

In further news:
The band has announced that upon arrival to one of their concerts, the fans now have to bend over to make it a little easier for Maiden to fuck them over ;)

:lol:

Another thing, how come the Maiden remasters cost the same as ordinary CD's ($30), when the WASP, Priest, Sabbath, Ozzy remasters were all dirt cheap! :confused:

If bands (including Maiden , yes Ozzy doing it again )keep issueing remasters of remasters they will be sooo good all you will have to listen to the CD is put the bloody thing to your ear.

But I might get the Maiden one cause I don't actully have any of the remasters anyhow. Also the Ozzy one due for release in March will have a cuople of bonus tracks on each , I think "Blizzard" is having "you said it all " & "You looking at me looking at you ".

What Maiden need is an "S" in their name. Then we'd be able to talk about them like we do with KI$$ and Micro$oft. Although they do have an "E". Anyone know how I can get that Euro sign?

Hahaha this thread is amusing. ;)

On another note, I got married on Australia Day. There ya go then eh........

Originally posted by Winmar

On another note, I got married on Australia Day. There ya go then eh........

Are you kidding? :eek: :eek: :eek: If not, Ill be first to offer a hearty congratulations !

Yeah I'm not speaking shit for once. ;) I must have rocks in my head (hard rocks of course, many of them actually metal to the core....oops there I go speaking shit again!). She's not exactly a metalhead, but I'm working on it.

Thanks guys! :)

Are there lots of unattached women over there in Bandung? Just out of curiosity of course... ;)

Haha yeah there are heaps Spawny, and they're rather attractive too. ;) I'll send a few over for you. Parcel Post?

Thanks Bucko and Trent......you'll meet her at a gig at the year's end Troops. :)