Rockstar 2 -- Supernova

Thorn23TX said:
I'm going to watch this show because I have been a fan of one of the contestants for years - Patrice Pike. She used to play for a band called Little Sister (who subsequently had to change their name to Sister 7 when they discovered another band by that name) for years around Texas and the southwest. She's really talented, but I'm not sure how she will fit into a band with the likes of Tommy, Jason and Gilby... she's not a Metal or even Hard Rock singer in the least, but she does have killer pipes.

Oh, and just in case there are a few who haven't seen the roster of the 15 finalists, here's a link: http://rockstar.msn.com/news/rockers
God someone else who has heard of LITTLE SISTER(before the name change), they used to play all the time here in EL PASO, and had such a faithful following. Patrice is an awesome vocalists, one song i remember, and it was their opener, was "Immigrant Song" by Zepplin. HOLY SHIT!!!!!! that song set the tempo for the rest of the night. GO PATRICE.:worship:

LOL Pyramaze51!!! I thought for sure that I'd be the only one to have ever heard of her - especially in this forum! ;) Glad to see there will be someone else supporting her - of course, this goes without saying that I haven't heard the other contestants, so my loyalties might change after the show airs. :devil:

I'll watch. Last season was interesting though I hated the guy that won. Just a ripoff of their old singer who had no real personality of his own. Oh well, never listened to INXS so no loss there. Though probably would have at least bought the new album if they picked any of the people I liked.

Anyone watching so far?
I thought Dilana was awesome and would fit perfectly with this band. :headbang:

Dilana on MySpace
http://www.myspace.com/dilanarox

Dilana's website
http://dilanarox.com/

Patrice was good and is my second choice...Jill has an excellent voice but I don't see her style fitting with this band...I really liked what Zayra was trying to do but same as with Jill, don't see her with this band...wasn't too impressed with ANY of the guys but if I had to choose one of the guys it would be Lukas.

I wish I could watch each of the performances online... went to the site and thought it would let me, but it doesn't. American Idol does.

Each episode has '4' parts I guess. 2nd and 3rd are on TV (Wed/Thur), 1 is on the web, and 4 will be on the web only. I've seen '1' on the web. But yeah. I missed the show, and surely will continue to miss it as I'm just not home much.

Thanks!

Chris's performance was bleh. I don't like the key he performed Roxanne in, and he missed a few notes. His range on that song was so small. I know in the rock they might be doing, you don't need a huge range, but his voice had no strength either. Maybe he'll be better next week.

I still want to root for a person from Georgia! >_>

Cheiron said:
Thanks!

Chris's performance was bleh. I don't like the key he performed Roxanne in, and he missed a few notes. His range on that song was so small. I know in the rock they might be doing, you don't need a huge range, but his voice had no strength either. Maybe he'll be better next week.

I still want to root for a person from Georgia! >_>

The best thing about Chris's performance was the comment from Gilby after it was over, "....that sucked."

LOL.

Hah. I like Gilby already.

Jenny's was pretty bad as well. Maybe it was because she was sick, but she didn't hit the right notes either. Really flat. But again, I think they played it in the wrong key. Her voice just doesn't fit that song. Dana and Dilana were good. But Dilana's voice is a little too smoke heavy for me. Jill was mediocre. If you're going to choose a performer like Janis... you better be damn good. Josh was saturday night karaoke. How did they pick this guy? Maybe the singer from Halcyon Way just isn't good looking enough, because damn he does a fine Dio.

Lucas was pretty decent. Magni was alright. Matt was pretty damn good. But was scratchy on higher notes (when he didn't go into head voice). I hate Patrice Pike's song. Only because it is -the- Karaoke song. Cable Guy. Enough said. With that said, she did it fine. Phil was subpar.

Ryan Star nailed his. He is in the lead for males right now. But... he doesn't have the attitude they probably want. But who cares. The guy has talent. Storm has it as well. Toby puts up a fight with Ryan. I wasn't impressed with Zayra.

Of all the vocalists, I felt that only Storm, Patrice, Dilana and maybe Dana would fit the kind of music I would expect from the three other musicians in this band. I didn't see one guy that would fit the "dirty rock" feel of this band (again - expected sound). Some different song choices may change that for me in the next few weeks. I also look forward to seeing Jill for a few more weeks at least!

Have to say I was extremely unimpressed with all of them, not one "wow"....not even close....and certainly some awful perfomances....at times i thought the band and "panel" was just being nice.

With that said, best fit is either Storm, Dilana or Toby.

King Lek said:
Have to say I was extremely unimpressed with all of them, not one "wow"....not even close....and certainly some awful perfomances....at times i thought the band and "panel" was just being nice.

With that said, best fit is either Storm, Dilana or Toby.

If this is the Top 15 of the world I don't think I'll waste my time:puke:

Uh-oh. Dana has Beth Hart's LA Song as one of her favourite songs. I absolutely love that song. I may have to get behind her now. She's probably one of the two underdogs when it comes to the female singers. And yeah, the girls seem to be on their own level. Maybe it's just because they all have their own unique voice and all the guys kind of just sound the same.
I'll give Ryan props for his song but his name annoys me. It's JD Fortune (with a name just as fake) all over again with the producers focusing on the rift between him and the rest. At least his personality doesn't seem as fake as JD's.

Also, Matt has a Lana Lane song on his list. Only one I've really seen not a part of mainstream/oldies.

Harvester said:
The best thing about Chris's performance was the comment from Gilby after it was over, "....that sucked."

LOL.

If I hear the version of Roxanne one more time I'm going to :puke:

When Gilby said "that sucked" it hooked me for watching the show. I only caught the tail end of it. If THEY would have given that guy a thumbs up or any praise at all I would never have turned that show on again.

By the way, the girls all bury the guys on that show, with the exception of Billy Idol Boy at the end... weird, but something tells me he's gonna be one to beat.

Creeps said:
If I hear the version of Roxanne one more time I'm going to :puke:

When Gilby said "that sucked" it hooked me for watching the show. I only caught the tail end of it. If THEY would have given that guy a thumbs up or any praise at all I would never have turned that show on again.

By the way, the girls all bury the guys on that show, with the exception of Billy Idol Boy at the end... weird, but something tells me he's gonna be one to beat.

I can't stand the little prick already, but the Supernova guys seem to love him. :rolleyes:

I tried to watch the first episode but I could not stop cringing and wincing thru it. I had to shut it off about midway thru. It was awful. And this is coming from someone who watches American Idol. :erk:

Those 3 douchebags (Lee, Clarke, Newsted) should be embarrassed....well, Lee shouldn't because this is actually an upgrade for him considering some of the crap he has been associated with over the last few years.