Roll Call For Helloween/ Gamma Ray at The Pearl Room!

It looks like I am going to be able to make this show after all. Just bought my ticket. Should be a good show.

Great show last night! Definitely exceeded my expectations. Both bands seemed to be having a lot of fun and the place looked fairly full. Sound was good from the front. Had a good time talking Maiden with Jose in line before the show. Great night of metal.

:headbang:

Gamma Ray was AMAZING!!!!!! Helloween was VERY weak IMO. It didn't help that it took an hour between Gamma Ray ending their set and Helloween starting theirs. They announced there was a "technical difficulty" which most of the crowd realized was bullshit. It really seemed that Helloween kinda phoned in their performance. I left after "Halloween". Was not impressed whatsoever. Kai and Gamma Ray owned!

So you saw one Helloween song?

Yep, but there were many more mitagating factors that had to do with me leaving early. I was there 90% to see Gamma Ray anyway. IMO Gamma Ray is a more consistent band. Helloween acted like a bunch of primadonnas and like I said seemed "too comfortable" in their performance. I could not physically stand anymore and there was no place to sit and be able to watch the show. I got home at midnight and slept till noon.

I went to this show expecting to see the creme of the creme of Powermetal but came out a bit surprised and disappointed.
I thought Gamma Ray was freaking awesome.
I thought Helloween was boring.
The fact that they made the crowd wait over an hour between sets due to "technical difficulties" made Helloween worse for someone like me who isn't a fan. I mean I'm not a huge fan of Gamma Ray either but they were ON that night and Kai played those solos like buttah. I was right up front for all of Gamma Ray's set and I watched maybe 4 Helloween songs before I decided to go to the back to get some air, when I did I ws VERY surprised to see a lot of open room, I was sure this would have been a huge draw but apparently I was wrong.

Had a good time talking Maiden with Jose in line before the show. Great night of metal.

:headbang:

Funniest thing of the night was when we were chatting in line and when I mentioned Testament at Powerfest the guy in front of us asked "Is Testamnet a christian band?" :lol:
I don't think he was kidding either.

Funniest thing of the night was when we were chatting in line and when I mentioned Testament at Powerfest the guy in front of us asked "Is Testamnet a christian band?" :lol:
I don't think he was kidding either.

Yes, that was a classic metal moment. :lol: And he definitely wasn't kidding. I couldn't think of anything that wasn't sarcastic to say so I just didn't say anything at all. I was glad that you answered his question with a straight face. I could hardly hold back the laughter. :loco: