Mago de Oz
Cursive
Iron Maiden
At the Gates
Isis
Secret Chiefs 3
Alehorn of Power III
Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds

Neil, isnt' that Isis show part of some outdoor street fest? And aren't Red Sparowes playing, too? You seem to know all, so clue me in, man...

Neil, isnt' that Isis show part of some outdoor street fest? And aren't Red Sparowes playing, too? You seem to know all, so clue me in, man...

Yeah, Isis is playing Wicker Park Fest July 27th, and I think Red Sparowes is too, but the one I'm going to is when they play at Subterranean the night before the fest. The time that I saw Isis playing at the Beat Kitchen in a last-minute show during their tour with Tool was 10x the awesome of the other times I've seen them, so I'm counting on the Subt show to be similar.

Funny thing is that the Cursive show is the same deal, they're playing Subt the night before they play the Belmont Music & Arts Fest. That's probably not quite as undersized of a venue for them as it is for Isis, but it should still be sweet.

Neil

Mago de Oz

For some reason I thouh this show wasn't happening, on their website they didn't have this listed but Tuesday when I was at the Aragon I saw flyers in the bathroom that stated this show was happening on the 21st. I later confirmed it on their website.
I'm excited about this show, too bad it's on a Wednesday.

For some reason I thouh this show wasn't happening, on their website they didn't have this listed but Tuesday when I was at the Aragon I saw flyers in the bathroom that stated this show was happening on the 21st. I later confirmed it on their website.

Yeah, in these days when most European bands plan US tours 8 months in advance or more, it's rare and weird to see a show confirmed only a few weeks in advance. But clearly, Mago de Oz is tapping into a whole different booking infrastructure than Nightwish and Amorphis.

Do you know anything about any of the opening bands at all? You know, since you're Mexican, and thus know everything about any band that has a Spanish name? I don't think I could even decipher all the band names from the crappy poster image that I saw.

Neil

Do you know anything about any of the opening bands at all? You know, since you're Mexican, and thus know everything about any band that has a Spanish name?

:lol:

Do you know anything about any of the opening bands at all? I don't think I could even decipher all the band names from the crappy poster image that I saw.

Neil

Los Pecados de Maria - Local Rock En Español band, I saw a video of theirs on youtube but it wasn't my thing. However I've heard their name being thrown a lot by fans of this genre, they must get all the big gigs around here.

Herencia De Zapata - Punk band from Waukeegan I've never heard of, I listen to one of theirs songs on myspace and it was pretty horrible.

2012 - Another local band who promote themselves as "Rock in your language".

The crappy poster also mentions 2 DJs but I'm assuming they will play in between bands, or at least that's what I hope.

Nightwish
Kamelot / Edguy
Sigh / Zimmers Hole

Non-Pearl Room shows:
Arch Enemy / Dark Tranquility / Divine Heresy / Firewind
At the motherfucking Gates
Iron Maiden
Judas Priest / Heaven and Hell / Motorhead / Testament
Prog Power
Helloween / Gamma Ray - In Atlanta

Considering to see Opeth

Looks like I have to update this since I just added another show to see this year...

Iron Maiden - Madison Square Garden, New York City

Hell yeah! :kickass:

Looks like I have to update this since I just added another show to see this year...

Iron Maiden - Madison Square Garden, New York City

Hell yeah! :kickass:

Dude...you are hardcore....following Maiden all over the damn world.
You're like a Deadhead....or should I say "Edhead"!
Ha Ha!
Wow....I'm so lame........

Seriously though....Kudos Nachos to you for making the trek out to see your favorite band.
Wish I could join you!
:headbang: