Roll call

Hey dudes and dudettes! Haven't really been here in ages and stopped by to say hey. Any of the old-timers still around? What's up? Still in the studio business? How's it treating ya?

I'm slowly getting back in the game after a bit of a financial catastrophe and doing something completely different for a couple of years. Looking back that gave me a ton of perspective productionwise and really expanded my horizon of enjoying and working on music, making me drift a lot more towards more organic sounds rather than the super polished sonics I used to love and work towards to. At the moment I'm putting together a less-is-more setup for mixing and mobile tracking, and I'm loving it - pretty much set already, just waiting for a pair of new monitors to arrive!

I got 48. It's just Trophy's for posting, getting likes, ect. It's built into the forum soft and I suppose it's to encourage people to participate. I can see it working well with a young crowd in a video game forum or something.

Hey, good to see so many familiar avatars. What can I do with these trophy points? Can I use them to buy virtual coke?

I cleaned quite a bit of my Facebook friends list. Not because I hate everyone, but most of what I write is in Finnish and I thought it was probably pretty weird for others. FB really needs a way to easily put people in groups.

i remember the good old times when this forum had so many active members sharing info or just a few jokes every few minutes.
somehow it got pretty quiet here in the last few months, actually when the forum changed it looks, though i doubt this is the reason
why there is norhing going on anymore here. welcome back dude!

Thanks guys! Dan, it's probably just because we aren't young and cool anymore :D

I remember this place had the occasional quiet period every now and then, but yeah, seems pretty silent now. Is there a new place that's hip or did everyone just get a haircut snd a real job?

Best we have now are some select facebook groups. I'll hit you up on facebook and show you the way my not so young friend hahaha

Yeah still around, juggling live and studio work to scrape by (music scene in Scotland kinda sucks)

I come check the forum every couple of weeks or so but there's not much happening here these days tbh. The views/post ratio is really quite poor which doesn't help (440 views on my kick mic shootout thread and only 13 replies!)