Rolling Stones top 100 guitarists.

Connauch

May 8, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
http://www.rollingstone.com/features/coverstory/featuregen.asp?pid=1917

Apparently Jack White (white stripes) is superior to Randy Rhoads in guitar playing :p

The fact that I couldn't find Satriani, Vai, Yngwie, or Petrucci* on this list just shows what a pointless list this was.

*I would say Romeo but I couldn't imagine seeing Symp X recieving any sort of accolades from an extremely mainstream publication such as Rolling Stone until they become a bit more popular.

Kate Bush Rules! said:
Yeah it was a terrible list, i mean where the fuck was John McLaughlin. Only guitarists who wrote catchy blues-rock songs got on that list.

He's actually on there at #49. I was very surprised to see him on there. So many glaring omissions...

Wow, surprising that Rolling Stone recognised him. But probably just for his work with Miles Davis. (Not saying anything bad Miles Davis here.)

I think that John McLaughlin was way better than any of the 48 who came above him. Jimi Hendrix was a great guitarists, but he could really only play blues, rock, and funk. John McLaughlin has played jazz, rock, fusion, flamenco, and even indian classical music.

Even by Rolling Stone Mag's poor judgement, I was quite surprised to see Eddie Van Halen ranked 70 in that list. How Kurt Ka-bang and Lou Reed scored higher (among about 50 others) is kinda disgracefull.