Rome: Total War

Taken from totalwar.com said:
Fear not, if the shockwave-producing boulders/pots are in the final version of the game I'm sure that within a week someone will make a mod that removes them along with the rest of the non-realistic features of the game.
Oh yes, I know what this means.
No head-hurlers
No war-dogs
No screaming women
Jesus fucking christ these guys are such cowards.
It is just a catapult.
You take your cavalry and smash it to bits, how hard is that.

And here are the system spec the company is aiming for
Minimum

1Ghz Cpu
256mb ram
32mb card

Yeah, that video that showed the system specs. made my day. The recomended requirements is what like a 2 Ghz processor, 512 MB of RAM, a 64 mb graphics card, and about 1.7 GB of free space. That's not bad. Not bad at all.

But I am still going to buy a Radeon 9600 pro 128 MB or 256 MB graphics card. I want that to play Half-Life 2 and Doom 3. I also want to create 10,000+ man battles in Rome: Total War.

But it all comes down to the engine really.
Like Vietcong.
It has lower spec then this but the engine is pure crap and goes choppy on most computer even if you blow the recommended spec out of the water.

Is this or any other games like it available for x-box?
Sounds very cool,i'd like to play but i don't have a computre.

It is coming very soon now...then between that and half life 2 september will mark the end of my public life. Forever will I dwell in front of a computer monitor! Until I have to go get Call of Cthulu: Dark Corners of the Earth.

Alright, I'll admit it. I play damn near every RTS and have conquered them all except Medieval: Total War.... I either go berserk and lose control or play conservative and run out of time. Maybe I shouldn't sim all the battles (duh). I may give it another shot right now, since it's calling me back since you mentioned it.