Roope making a solo for Amon Amarth's upcoming album.

Let me start off by saying that I have no problem with Roope performing a solo for Amon Amarth, I think that it is a brilliant idea. I hold Alexi and Roope in my highest regards as they are very talented musicians, and I wish that I could play half as good as either one of them. Olavi Mikkonen is, however, my favorite guitar player of all time. I love his melodic approach to soloing, and I believe that Amon Amarth is everything but generic, they are in fact one of the more innovative bands that I have heard. To say that Roope and Alexi are better than Olavi and Johan is a mistake. From a technical standpoint perhaps, yes, they are, but as far as level of musicality, no, they are equals. Both bands differ from one another in their approach to the genre, but neither one, in my opinion, is any better than the other.

Some Amon Amarth fans aren't taking the news well :lol: but I think it's awesome, can't waitto hear it.

:lol: yea. They can cry all they want, but the fact is that Roope is a better guitar player than the AA guitar players...and so is Alexi (dunno why they're bashing "COB", they should just bash Roope :/) but oh well..

I'm an Amon Amarth fan and a Children of Bodom fan. I don't think Amon Amarth's guitarists are extremely talented, in my opinion the things that really make Amon Amarth stand out are Johan Hegg's vocals and Fredrik Andersson's drumming, while the guitars are there for musical support.

I am excited to hear Roope on Twilight of the Thunder God though. Should be epic, I just wish Roope and Alexi had a dual solo together on it.

I'm all for it, but I just hope Roope channels a solo appropriate for Amon Amarth, not Bodom. It's epic viking anthems vs. wanky shredder tunes. There's a huge difference in mood..

Hopefully it'll work out well(if it comes to fruition) and not sound like a Bodom solo track was accidentally dropped on top of an AA instrumental section. As long as Roope recognizes the mood of the song he's playing over and that it's not like that of other bands he plays or has played in, all should be well.

But we also have to think about what the AA guys may be asking of him... they may take this "something new" opportunity and turn it into the first AA track with a shredder solo.

I just hope Roope channels a solo appropriate for Amon Amarth, not Bodom.

I don't get why people associate Roope only to the Bodom, his contribution to songwriting is much greater in his other bands.

I'm not that huge AA fan so I really don't have opinion about the subject. But because Roope is going to be there I will listen to at least that one song , otherwise I probably wouldn't.

^Agreed 100%.

I'm all for it, but I just hope Roope channels a solo appropriate for Amon Amarth, not Bodom. It's epic viking anthems vs. wanky shredder tunes. There's a huge difference in mood..

Hopefully it'll work out well(if it comes to fruition) and not sound like a Bodom solo track was accidentally dropped on top of an AA instrumental section. As long as Roope recognizes the mood of the song he's playing over and that it's not like that of other bands he plays or has played in, all should be well.

But we also have to think about what the AA guys may be asking of him... they may take this "something new" opportunity and turn it into the first AA track with a shredder solo.

That's IMO the only point of making a guest appearance. To play something that the actual band can already play is a complete nonsense for me.

Obviously Amon Amarth wants something new. Like others have said, I just hope it works out for their musical style.

description says that featuring Roope and camera aint shooting the guitarist when the solo kicks in and its so amazing solo that it must be made by Roope! (found accidently) :)

Edit: Someway reminds me of Stone

Last edited by a moderator: