rosewood or ebony

rosewood or ebony

• rosewood

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • ebony

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
depends on the guitar. either one can be great or shit quality.

this is my guitar which has a rosewood board and is easily the best feeling board ive ever played on:

9275000602_md.jpg

however my old gibson 71' custom les paul had a great ebony board too. its kind of a toss up for me given the certain circumstances.

See i was considering buying a les paul custom, when i actually raised the money obviously. But is this a wise purchase, il try it before i buy it but i cant go out and try every guitar, i was keen on a prs too... Which is worth getting? For some reason i assume the les paul has more charm to it and a bit more of an Edge...

affinityband said:
See i was considering buying a les paul custom, when i actually raised the money obviously. But is this a wise purchase, il try it before i buy it but i cant go out and try every guitar, i was keen on a prs too... Which is worth getting? For some reason i assume the les paul has more charm to it and a bit more of an Edge...

i think the les paul is more "classic" looking than a PRS obviously. if classic looks equate to "charm" for you, then sure. but i think PRS is a very charming guitar as well, although obviously more overstated than a les paul in most cases. i myself grew tired of the flashy and contemporary look of my PRS guitars after a while, although they sounded great...but somewhere down the line you have to just play what feels right and what is more an extension of your style and personality in playing and otherwise. so i would just try as many guitars as you can, and then go off of what felt the best and sounded the best for your needs. and a big tip...dont buy a guitar that you dont like the looks of, youll grow to resent it.

NineFeetUnderground said:
i think the les paul is more "classic" looking than a PRS obviously. if classic looks equate to "charm" for you, then sure. but i think PRS is a very charming guitar as well, although obviously more overstated than a les paul in most cases. i myself grew tired of the flashy and contemporary look of my PRS guitars after a while, although they sounded great...but somewhere down the line you have to just play what feels right and what is more an extension of your style and personality in playing and otherwise. so i would just try as many guitars as you can, and then go off of what felt the best and sounded the best for your needs. and a big tip...dont buy a guitar that you dont like the looks of, youll grow to resent it.

Some damn good advice there NFU. Thank you.

Well, I like rosewood. Espescially on a mahoghany guitar, add a little distortion & a ton of gain & you get a pretty damn good metal tone. Brazillian Rosewood kicks ass, but it's expensive too.

I'm indifferent on guitars seeing as I don't play it, but on basses, ebony, bar none. It's better for fretted and fretless basses imo (and I play fretless most of the time).