torn between a j-50bc with a abq boost or a dimarzio super distortion

Botta

OoooYeH
Apr 8, 2010
Us
i am really now sure which one to choose. i am kind of looking for 80s metal sound or somthing similar to the old COB sound.
my guitar is alder with maple and ebony

You definitely want the J-50. That was the corner stone of Bodom's tone on Something Wild, Hatebreeder, and Follow the Reaper. I think Alexi used it on Hate Crew Death Roll too but I'm not 100% on that...

I used to be a fan boy...

:erk:

You definitely want the J-50. That was the corner stone of Bodom's tone on Something Wild, Hatebreeder, and Follow the Reaper. I think Alexi used it on Hate Crew Death Roll too but I'm not 100% on that...

I used to be a fan boy...

:erk:

thanks for ur advice. but would a dimarzio super d or a super 2 get close to the tone?

They wouldn't, but you would probably still be more than satisfied with the Super Distortion's tone. It's not nearly as bright sounding though.

Also, you don't want to put the Super 2 in the bridge position, especially with your tastes. However, if you were looking for something darker and slightly more dynamic it would work.

Still though, you want the J-50 with abq boost. The Super Distortion is great too and you wouldn't be disappointed by it but it's not going to give you the sound you're looking for.

They wouldn't, but you would probably still be more than satisfied with the Super Distortion's tone. It's not nearly as bright sounding though.

Also, you don't want to put the Super 2 in the bridge position, especially with your tastes. However, if you were looking for something darker and slightly more dynamic it would work.

Still though, you want the J-50 with abq boost. The Super Distortion is great too and you wouldn't be disappointed by it but it's not going to give you the sound you're looking for.

awsome thank you