cuztom guitar - which wood? RR or SV body shape?

K-z-H said:
:lol: thanks for the extra effort!

also, while on the topic of neck-thru and bolt on, do all neck-thrus have a painted neck? i see that you got rid of the paint on ure rr's neck on ure site and alexi doesnt have a painted neck on his ESP v's, but both my friends ESP's are neck-thru's and have painted necks...

also, do painted necks significantly affect the playability or is it just me?
not all neck throughs have a painted neck, and if you have a custom made guitar you can specify this. does it effect the playability? i find a satin finished neck a little bit smoother feeling than a painted neck, but my neck through RG has a painted neck and it plays like a dream... but some people who have sweaty hands will have a harder time with it as any bit of moisture can tend to make them sticky

well, not that i've heard any difference personally, but it has been said that 22 fret necks provide superior tone when using the neck pickup, because it puts the pickup right under the 24th fret harmonic, but honestly i've seen nor heard any proof of this, so as far as i'm concerned its heresy... besides you're only gonna have a bridge pickup right?