Guitar Compilation

That can look pretty awesome!

Shhhh!!!! Don't say that! :lol:Anywa, really nice guitar, I think I'm going to get one of those yellow RR24s one day, but only if I can find a Ltd one, I don't dig the yellow one with black binding. Do you want me to swap the link to your guitar with this one or what?

How much, bitch? :lol:

Actually, i don't know if you would ever even want mine. Considering one of the trem tension adjusting screws is TOTALLY worn out because of careless use and some belt buckle scratches at the back.

I have a problem floyd rose.Everytime I pull up and let go of the whammy bar the strings will stay in that pitch and then I have to go back and push down on the whammy bar for them to go back to regular pitch...

How much, bitch? :lol:

Actually, i don't know if you would ever even want mine. Considering one of the trem tension adjusting screws is TOTALLY worn out because of careless use and some belt buckle scratches at the back.

I would have to see pics to see if it can be fixed, but if the price is reasonable we can have a deal, no rush from my part as I'm kinda broke now and my next 300€ are to follow COB around Spain and maybe some UK date in their headlining tour, but Christmas may bring some nice surprises, so maybe we can talk about it one day if you decide to sell it.

I have a problem floyd rose.Everytime I pull up and let go of the whammy bar the strings will stay in that pitch and then I have to go back and push down on the whammy bar for them to go back to regular pitch...

Pull Chuck Norris out of your damn guitar!!

I almost have the same problem, only on a much smaller scale. But it's only a matter of super fine tuning.

I had this on my LTD

i had to change the whole tremolo system.

What had happened, was that the studs had gotten MASSIVELY worn, due to my own ineptitude and lack of knowledge, i adjusted the string height while there was tension on the floyd. This made the knives that the Floyd Rose is balancing on dig into the studs, making insane grooves in the material, and thusly i got what you just described.

Due to massive fail, i had to replace the whole trem rather than the studs, due to incompatible trem stud system :(

So try to check the studs for damage, and replace them if necessary..

I had the same problem too, I returned my guitar to the shop, and they couldn't fix it. So they gave me a new guitar:headbang:

Well, that's what you get with those non-OFR "OFRs" on RR24s...they are coming now on more and more guitars...

Try replacing the studs, maybe it will help a bit. And +1 to what Muffin said.

And this is why, i think its fucking ridiculous to compromise quality on floyds! I bet atleast 60% of everyone who hates floyds, just had a really really bad time with a licensed floyd, and i cant say i blame them. Fucking hell how i hated my licensed floyd, i wanted to launch the thing into orbit ffs. Proper floyd roses, like Schaller and OFR, are so much easier to set up and maintain.

I bought a cheapo guitar to test and wank around a few months back, and i think i battled the floyd on it for 4 hours straight, just to get it balanced and properly working, not going out of tune etc, and thats not counting intonating the thing(which i still havent, i fear intonating it will fuck up the rest, and i cant bear sitting through another 4 hours of fucking around with that shitheap).

So really kids, if you're looking into buying a new guitar with a floyd, make sure its proper, its gonna save you headaches.

Well, that's what you get with those non-OFR "OFRs" on RR24s...they are coming now on more and more guitars...

Try replacing the studs, maybe it will help a bit. And +1 to what Muffin said.

Bah, never had a problem. Maybe because i try to do everything as properly as i can to not damage it. Only thing i have destroyed is the tension screws in the cavity :lol: I used a bad screwdriver so they got worn. So it's stuck in C tuning now...don't mind at all.

Although, fuck this shit. The RR24 was the LAST Floyd Rose guitar i will get :lol: Just because i hate the setting up and the fact it's not just "plug n' play". It's more of the "plug,finetune,check if everythings in order and then play thing"

Again arguing about the quality of the Floyd on the RR24? Sorry to disapoint you, but never falied to me. And I don't think I'm the lucky dude that by mistake got actually a real OFR. Jackson themselves have said that the floyd in the RR24 is built under the same exact specs as the OFR, only that in Japan instead of in Germany to keep the costs low.

Yeah, but i still hate the electronics in my Jackson! The solderingwork on it is one of the worst i have ever seen. That guy surely had a hangover:lol:

Having J50BC, JE1000 and Lee Jackson GP1000 now, I can tell from my exeperience that it is the Lee Jackson GP1000 that gives you that trebly tone. I love it!! :headbang:

Also, I took some group pics of my Jacksons today:

DSCN1090m.jpg

^ From left to right:
1991 Grover Jackson Dan Spitz Signature
1990 Ferrari Red Jackson PRO RR
2007 Jackson Stars Custom Shop RR
1991 Metallic black Grover Jackson Rhoads Custom Series

DSCN1111m.jpg

DSCN1115m.jpg

DSCN1114m.jpg

DSCN1101m.jpg

DSCN1095m.jpg