Interested in buying a Jackson Wildchild RR???

gkelter

Trashed, Lost & Strungout
Mar 3, 2004
East Stroudsburg, PA
I'm working with an authorized Jackson dealer right now about getting a limited production of the Jackson "Wildchild" style RR. If we can get about 30 orders for these... we can whack the custom shop price down almost a thousand dollars. We're probably looking at something between $2100 and $2500... I should have an exact price sometime soon after Christmas.

The specs are as follows:

RR Body Style
Black with Yellow Painted Bevels
24 fret, 25.5" Scale Neck
Ebony Fretboard w/ Ivoroid Headstock/Neck binding
Original Floyd Rose
1 EMG 81 Pickup in the Bridge Position
All Gold Plated Hardware
1 Volume Knob, No Tone Knob
Real MOP Sharkfin Inlays
Real MOP Jackson Logo on Headstock

If anyone has any suggestions to change anything, let me know...

Just FYI, we CANNOT get Jackson J50-BC pickups or Jackson JE-1000 Gain Boosters like the REAL Wildchild Jackson because those have not been in production for years. So... don't even mention those! Haha. Sorry if I forgot to mention anything about the specs. Please let me know.... This could turn out to be a KILLER deal if we can get enough people to pay for one of these.

I'm thinking we should maybe get the Truss Rod Cover engraved with "Wild Child" but if you guys think that's corny or retarded just let me know. I did not put that in on the order so that's not currently one of the features... If you like the idea, let me know. Thanks everyone.

Thanks. I really think this could be fucking awesome. I mean.. I know a lot of people really want a 24 fret RR and it's just cooler to have it set up like Alexi's original... so this could really end up being a hell of a deal. Even if you're not a CoB fan it's still gonna be a totally killer guitar. Anyone who thought about getting one of these but couldn't pay the custom shop price should definitely think about this.

Yeah for sure. I live in Canada though...will that be an issue? Who would I send the money to, how would it be sent, etc. But yeah, awesome idea, keep us updated.

I don't think Canada will make it an issue.. of course there may be a bit of a shipping charge attached, I'm not sure how much. I will give you all the details as I get them and hopefully Scott from Vwall Guitars will chime in when he gets info from his Jackson rep.

That's the thing.. I'm not 100% positive, but I'm pretty sure you just put a deposit down and then pay the rest when the guitars are ready. So... if you work and you know you're gonna have the money when it's ready, it's doable.

nice idea, however i wouldn't want an rr thats exactly like alexis. i'd rather have my own custom shop jackson than a version of his. i'm not trying to be him. it doesn't matter cause i don't have the money anyways.

That's a nice idea man. Not really because of the Alexi inspider guitar - I'd actually change a few of the specs such as the bevels - but due to the fact it will be a 24-fret neck-thru USA Jackson.
Do keep us updated on this. Where are you and the jackson dealer responsible for this guitar located?

Wings of a dream said:
Bring it down to $1500 and you might get tons of more buyers I'd say, just my advice.

haha. you DO realize that a standard USA rhoads costs nearly 2 grand on its own? not to mention the custom job this Alexi model would be.

OK, to the guy who wants it lowered to $1500. Are you fucking insane? This guitar costs about $3600. Put the specs into the Jackson custom shop quote form. It comes out to over $4000. If we can get enough people to order one of these we can actually get them for a thousand dollars less than the custom shop price. Remember, these are actually Jackson USA Custom Shop models. You can't expect to pay $1500 for any USA Jackson model, and yes, even a regular RR1 costs over $2000 with painted bevels.

Well, anyway, we'll see what's gonna happen with this. I'm not sure on the credit cards, but the inlays are standard MOP sharkfins. If you wanna know what the guitar is gonna look like, just find a picture of Alexi playing the "Wild Child". I'm in Northeast PA and the authorized Jackson dealer is located in Texas.

Let me know what you find out about the credit cards. In the mean time, I'm going ot look to see if I can in some way muster up the funds. If I can, I'm interested.

Well yeah, maybe $1500 is not enough but this is just my opinion! Because I would not buy a Laiho-like-guitar for that much money when I can get this beauty for $1700 or so, and maybe not this one but the original white version Jem.

sparkle%20blue%20guitar.jpg
And sorry for bringing negative comments to the thread! Heeeehehe

I may be able to do this around May 2005, im not sure, does it have to be that EXACT model, i actually fancy the black with white pinstripes over that one, and over that one i fancy the black with white pinstripes WITH a matte finish. like the one that roope uses but no single coil. I would probably pay around 1700-1800, but definately not 2k+, i can build that guitar ( not neck thru) for ALOT less money.

We're not replicating the ESPs. It's a replica of the ORIGINAL Jackson Wild Child. There can't be a variation between the models, that's why I said people could make suggestions for the final specs in my original post. The Jackson Wild Child is THE guitar. Ultimate playability and fuckin' looks. The ESP models are fucking garbage compared to the Jackson.