Jackson Stars RR-J2SP

Delanoir

May 29, 2008
As some of you may know, this guitar is about as close as you can get to the CS Jackson "Wildchild" guitar. Even more so (and better) than the RR24.

The only problem is that they're made out of Japan, making them much harder to find. But I didn't know if any of you might be able to help me find one? Or at least a website that would have it. I've already checked ebay, ishibashi, and guitarjapan. I've seen that at least a few of you have one, so I'm not completely alone.

Correct me if I got the model name wrong. I just know it's a Jackson Stars model, black with yellow bevels, one bridge pickup, etc.

Much thanks in advance.

I'm afraid i have bad news for you, buddy..

The popular Jackson Stars RR-J2SP, is discontinued

Jackson Stars dont make the model anymore, and thusly finding one new, is gonna be close to impossible, especially considering its over half a year since they stopped shipping them out of the Jackson Stars factory, at least. I think your best bet is to find a used one for now, or find an other guitar of your liking..
I doubt that any stores still have them in stock, especially if you have checked both ishibashi and guitarjapan..
I know another japanese guitar store that sells jackson stars and ships worldwide, if i can find it i'll check if they have the J2SP in stock, but i can't say i expect to find it there..

EDit: Ah damnit, they dont even have jackson stars at all anymore.. Only EDWARDS and lots of other things

I'm afraid i have bad news for you, buddy..

The popular Jackson Stars RR-J2SP, is discontinued

Jackson Stars dont make the model anymore, and thusly finding one new, is gonna be close to impossible, especially considering its over half a year since they stopped shipping them out of the Jackson Stars factory, at least. I think your best bet is to find a used one for now, or find an other guitar of your liking..
I doubt that any stores still have them in stock, especially if you have checked both ishibashi and guitarjapan..
I know another japanese guitar store that sells jackson stars and ships worldwide, if i can find it i'll check if they have the J2SP in stock, but i can't say i expect to find it there..

EDit: Ah damnit, they dont even have jackson stars at all anymore.. Only EDWARDS and lots of other things

Damn. :erk:

I really appreciate all the information and help, though. So thank you, very much.

Or get a RR24 and switch out the hardware...but then again the ones with the white binding are most probably nowhere to be found anymore.

Why do u guys like white binding so much? I mean, it just the binding. I myself would prefer black binding.

Why do u guys like white binding so much? I mean, it just the binding. I myself would prefer black binding.

IMO on such guitar it gives it a very "unfinished look". Especially the yellow one. I don't so much mind the other 2 but the white binding just looks better. Gives it a certain "flow"

^And what the hell does it have if it's not white binding? Or you make difference between ivoroid binding and white binding?

Yeah, I'd like to have white binding in mine too. I don't know why but I've always liked having binding on the guitar. It gives it a look of more finished and dunno, I just like it. I don't complain because mine does have binding, the only problem is that it's black and the guitar itself is black too so you don't get the OMG contrast you get with the white binding, but still I don't see the wood on the side of the neck so I'm happy.

The binding on the Stars looks like white from about a meter off, what difference does it make?

It's sure as hell better than black though, looks bad.

The binding on the Stars looks like white from about a meter off, what difference does it make?

Im just picky as hell at small, not important details in basically anything:lol:
It looks great, I'm not saying I HAVE to have white binding, but if there was one thing I could change cosmetically on the guitar, it would have been the binding.

If it would have come with black binding I wouldn't buy the guitar:lol:

I wouldn't have either!

But if I could change one thing on this guitar, it'd probably be having an Original FR and not a liscenced one. I don't care about the binding, as long as it's there and not black.

Apart from that, the guitar is fucking perfect. :lol:

Fuck you :lol: Black isn't that bad and actually looks cool depending on where. On my guitar I too would have preferred white binding, but in the white RR24 and RR24M the black binding looks amazing IMO.

Yeah, I could always build a warmoth, but I really hate bolt-on's, personally.

And I could get a RR24, but like you guys were saying, the white binding is just an important detail to me. Not to mention that I think having the Jackson logo in yellow (rather than white) looks dumb to me.

sorry about your misfortunes delanoir,id suggest you jsut try to get a used one or a RR24,but a neck-thru cause warmoth like someone here said isnt a neck-thru i feel a neck-thru is better,,cause thats what i have on my RV,compared to my ibanez which has a bolt on which i love the guitar but it gives me alot of problems when trying to reach higher frets :)

I wouldn't have either!

But if I could change one thing on this guitar, it'd probably be having an Original FR and not a liscenced one. I don't care about the binding, as long as it's there and not black.

Yes, but you CAN change the tremolo system:p

Apart from that, the guitar is fucking perfect. :lol:

HELL YES:kickass:
(Tho it could be fun to have a neck pickup, but neck pickups is for noobs)