Jackson Stars RR-J2SP

Exactly!!!!!! I can't believe some of you guys said you wouldn't buy a guitar because the binding isn't the perfect color you want it to be, but everything else on the guitar was what you wanted.

lame. :rolleyes:

Guitars cost a lot of money, especially high end guitars.

If you're going to spend that much money, you might as well get a product that is exactly what you want.

Otherwise you'll end up with regrets.

Speaking of regrets, I am so sad they stopped making the J2SP :'(

why would you regret such a minor detail as the color of binding? I know it wouldn't be your "dream" guitar...but as long as the sound is how you wanted it in the first place, there is nothing to regret. If you're looking to purchase the guitar of your dreams, then custom shop is the best way to do it anyway.

why would you regret such a minor detail as the color of binding? I know it wouldn't be your "dream" guitar...but as long as the sound is how you wanted it in the first place, there is nothing to regret. If you're looking to purchase the guitar of your dreams, then custom shop is the best way to do it anyway.

+1

But honestly,

If you're going to spend that much money, you might as well get a product that is exactly what you want.

If not getting a custom shop, you want the most features of your liking before spending money on it. So I looked and compared the RR24 to the J2SP. And decided on the J2SP because of the looks, hearing all the good stuff about it and listening to it in Mitch's videos.

I do not regret:kickass:

Oh and about the tuning, I can play like a total madman with the floyd, and it maybe goes out of tune, but not so much that i'll be able to hear it. Schaller rocks and I love this guitar.

How do you prove whether or not something is the real official floyd rose?

Mine on my alexi-600 says floyd rose on it rather than saying schaller or something... does that mean it's official floyd rose?

It never goes out of tune I'll tell you that :p

I don't know what else you guys bitch about but the RR24 does have an OFR.

No, it's not.

Exactly. I wouldn't get the normal RR24 because it has black binding (makes the guitar look cheap) and MOTO inlays etc and I wouldn't get the limited one because the MOTO inlays are upside down.

I am not gonna pay £800+ for a guitar that I'll constantly be thinking "eh" about some features. Which is why I don't regret getting the J2SP one bit.

Custom shop is the way to go, if you've got a spare $4000+ lying around, sure.

But since this thread is turning into a stupid argument, if you can't get a used J2SP, then the RR24 IS the next best thing to get.

How do you prove whether or not something is the real official floyd rose?

Mine on my alexi-600 says floyd rose on it rather than saying schaller or something... does that mean it's official floyd rose?

Check under the floyd if it says something about "Made in Germany", if it does, it's real.

But I don't think they make the AL-600 with them.. But you can always check!

I'm taking nothing back...

I said:
"It doesn't stay in tune 24/7 but after dives and pull ups, it's fine."

And that is also what I said:
"It takes a while for mine to go out of tune after hours of abuse."

If it was total shit, I'd admit it, but it's not. It's just not perfect. I can play it for a day or two and I won't need to adjust the tuning, but I won't be able to go a week without doing it.

I haven't had to do any adjustments in a month or so and I've been playing all days.

I don't know what else you guys bitch about but the RR24 does have an OFR.

Nope, :lol: As much as I would like having one just to stop people complaining about it, RR24's floyd is licensed, although it says Floyd Rose on it like on the OFR instead of Licensed, but it doesn't have the Made In Germany thing (neither it has a made in Japan or Korea or whatever, but the germany thing is not there, so it's not OFR). So no, the floyd on the RR24 is not an OFR, but I'm still a proud owner of mine and it works fucking perfect.

I meant fine tuning. EVERY guitar in the world needs it, there's no point in this argument at all. Even Paul Gilbert fine tunes his guitar between songs and he has a fixed bridge.

The overall quality of woods should be the same between the models, they are made in the same factory. And it's hit or miss with the woods too, they are not handpicked (or so they say) like on USA guitars.

One VERY big difference between the RR24 and RR-J2SP is the nut width. RR24 has the normal Jackons width (1 11/16") and the RR-J2SP has 1 5/8"....that is about 1,3mm, but it was enough that I had to sell the RR-J2SP...neck was just to small for me, felt like a toy in my hands.

About the Floyd things... I have two OFR (made in Germany) - one in my Alexi 600 and one in my SV - and after a long time of playing (and using the whammy) like one or two weeks I definitely have to retune them. 2 or 3 strings always go out of tune a bit and you guys with your RR 24'S can't tell me that your Floyds never go out of tune when the OFR and the Schaller go. Thats bullshit.
I don't know what kind of Floyd is in the RR24 but if it you can'T read on the left side of the whammy the words licensed, Floyd and ROse it isn't one. With licensed you can't make this flutter shit.
About the Schaller Floyds... the only difference I can see is that the lever is a bit shorter on the Schaller and the imo the OFR looks a bit better. I haven't played it over a long time to tell if the OFR is really better...

+1 ^

All of you with RR24s that have chinese "OFRs" do this:
Tune all your strings exactly to the pitch (to the exact cent) and then drop dive allllll the way...until you can't dive anymore and then let the floyd return to the original position......are still all strings EXACTLY in tune?? (exactly down to the cent!!)

Then do the same with the up-pull....allll the way....is still everything perfectly in tune?

Is it? They you can say that your trem doesn't go out of tune...enjoy it while you can...it won't last long if you're doing it much...it isn't made in Germany.

Schaller floyds that I've had were all 10+ years old...by that time studs and springs get some wear and tear. No wonder they didn't stay in tune after major dives...they were probably abused a lot and previous owners probably didn't know that:

If you want your trem to stay in tune you must ALWAYS remove the floyd from the guitar when setting action of the strings, turn the studs to set the action and then re-insert the floyd. If not, then the knife edges will cut grooves in the studs and floyd won't stay in tune as good. I didn't know that until some time ago and I'm doing it like that now.

About the Floyd things... I have two OFR (made in Germany) - one in my Alexi 600 and one in my SV - and after a long time of playing (and using the whammy) like one or two weeks I definitely have to retune them. 2 or 3 strings always go out of tune a bit and you guys with your RR 24'S can't tell me that your Floyds never go out of tune when the OFR and the Schaller go. Thats bullshit.
I don't know what kind of Floyd is in the RR24 but if it you can'T read on the left side of the whammy the words licensed, Floyd and ROse it isn't one. With licensed you can't make this flutter shit.
About the Schaller Floyds... the only difference I can see is that the lever is a bit shorter on the Schaller and the imo the OFR looks a bit better. I haven't played it over a long time to tell if the OFR is really better...

I'm not telling that it stays in tune forever, but I don't have to fine tune more often than twice a month, and I play an average of 2 hours a day. Of course I'm not doing dives and squeals 24/7 because I play guitar, not just wank with the floyd, but still I use the trem and it stays in tune pretty good. And definitely I've never had to fine tune after 2-3 days playing.

And about the words, it has Floyd Rose written on the left, on the side of the floyd that would be closer to you when playing.

If you want your trem to stay in tune you must ALWAYS remove the floyd from the guitar when setting action of the strings, turn the studs to set the action and then re-insert the floyd. If not, then the knife edges will cut grooves in the studs and floyd won't stay in tune as good. I didn't know that until some time ago and I'm doing it like that now.

Actually I have a doubt about that: some people says that you ahve to take it and some say that it's really bad for the guitar and for the neck tensions and whatever to remove all the strings at once. I always remove the floyd, but is it bad or not?

I'm not telling that it stays in tune forever, but I don't have to fine tune more often than twice a month, and I play an average of 2 hours a day. Of course I'm not doing dives and squeals 24/7 because I play guitar, not just wank with the floyd, but still I use the trem and it stays in tune pretty good. And definitely I've never had to fine tune after 2-3 days playing.

And about the words, it has Floyd Rose written on the left, on the side of the floyd that would be closer to you when playing.

I play the same guitar and I agree with everything. The tuning stays perfect for weeks..

_Nazgul_ said:
+1 ^

All of you with RR24s that have chinese "OFRs" do this:
Tune all your strings exactly to the pitch (to the exact cent) and then drop dive allllll the way...until you can't dive anymore and then let the floyd return to the original position......are still all strings EXACTLY in tune?? (exactly down to the cent!!)

Then do the same with the up-pull....allll the way....is still everything perfectly in tune?

Is it? They you can say that your trem doesn't go out of tune...enjoy it while you can...it won't last long if you're doing it much...it isn't made in Germany.

yeah i can. Nobody even knows where its made and no one knows for sure its not going to last :rolleyes: It's actually all speculation. Or do you know where its made?

If it wasn't a real floyd, a licensed, it would have to say licensed. There's strict copywrite infringement over the Floyd Rose trademark obviously. I purchased an OFR and my RR24 will be here this week. I'll pull em both out and tkae pics.