Jackson Stars RR-J2SP

If it wasn't a real floyd, a licensed, it would have to say licensed. There's strict copywrite infringement over the Floyd Rose trademark obviously. I purchased an OFR and my RR24 will be here this week. I'll pull em both out and tkae pics.

Awesome I'd be interested in seeing that.

Where would it say liscensed? On the bottom or something?

I just ordered gold hardware for my RR24 but i already know that it says nothing on the bottom at all (where it should say german floyd) Can't wait to get my OFR so i can compare the difference between the two.

The problem is...you can't get a pic of the RR24 FR by googling. It doesn't say LICENSED ANYWHERE!!!! just "Floyd Rose" at the left side like OFR does

And about the words, it has Floyd Rose written on the left, on the side of the floyd that would be closer to you when playing.

That's not all...it doesn say made in Germany on the bottom....making it not original made in Germany one. I bought a brand new OFR about 3 months ago....it is amde in Germany.

Not to mention that the one on the RR24 and the real OFR don't look the same....visible difference...it's not OFR....made in China.

Pics or it didn't happen!

All it says is "Floyd Rose" and some "U.S Patented" shit and the number "37" i think at the side of it and a alot of numbers.

All it says is "Floyd Rose" and some "U.S Patented" shit and the number "37" i think at the side of it and a alot of numbers.

On the bottom of OFR, not front. Ofcourse you're doesnt say anything, because its not real OR. I've had 4 Original Floyd Rose...2 brand new, 2 from the 80s...all had made in Germany stamp on the bottom. You're wrong and I'm right. Simple as that.

ofrbottom02.jpg

I never said it was a genuine OFR. I didn't argue on that fact.
I am just trying to say that it not being a genuine OFR doesn't make it bad.

That's not all...it doesn say made in Germany on the bottom....making it not original made in Germany one. I bought a brand new OFR about 3 months ago....it is amde in Germany.

Not to mention that the one on the RR24 and the real OFR don't look the same....visible difference...it's not OFR....made in China.

Visbile difference? Besides the ''Made in Germany'' stamp that would be invisible when the floyd is in the guitar , I don't see any visual difference between OFR and the floyd on the RR24s.

Mine has a 32 printed and some other stuff, but they don't have the Made In Germany thing.

Goign back to the thread...Jackson Stars have a lot smaller headstocks compared to the Jacksons....I don't like that cause it's really visible how small they are.

Never noticed that, neither seems so noticeable now that I look at pics of Mitch's guitar and mine :ill:

Visbile difference? Besides the ''Made in Germany'' stamp that would be invisible when the floyd is in the guitar , I don't see any visual difference between OFR and the floyd on the RR24s.

Mine has a 32 printed and some other stuff, but they don't have the Made In Germany thing.:

Could be. I have a fuzzy memory :lol:

I found SOME info on the floyd rose. It's from some random forum...
I found someone confirming RR24,SL3 and RR5FR have the FRT-O2000 trem's.(Probably RR24M too)

"The FRT-O2000 is actually a very good trem, built to the same specs as the Original. It is, however built in Korea as opposed to Germany, thus saving us (the company) a few bucks."

Don't ask me where i found it. It was quoted on a Finnish forum.

So this does indeed almost make it a OFR when it is built to the exact specs of the OFR.

I already knew that the trem was called like that, but this is good info. Have a cookie for this piece of info Matias, because actually this is the first ''real'' info about the floyd on the RR24 we've had :kickass:

:lol: Thanks! I will continue to search if i can find more from the actual source.

EDIT: It seems the way people talk about them that NO ONE actually knows anything for a fact about them. F.e if they hold/are bad or good/are like OFR.

We already know it's not an OFR or not the usual OFR because it doesn't have the Made in Germany and if it's not made in Germany then is no OFR, but what Matias said would throw some light at it, because even if it's not done in Germany, if it's done with the same specs as the OFR that'd explain why it works as good as an OFR.

^^If you are dumb enough to trust thomann's flawed descriptions then go ahead. There must be a million times ive seen weird shit going on in their descriptions. Btw...the AL-600 ive heard doesn't either have a OFR. So i guess that sums up my comment about it.

I just wanna mention it...

Hey, what do you think of this? ESP custom = OFR (germany) > ESP SV = OFR > ESP Edwards/600 = Schaller > ESP LTD = licensed

^

The LTD 600 got a OFR made in Germany

I just wanna mention it...

Hey, what do you think of this? ESP custom = OFR (germany) > ESP SV = OFR > ESP Edwards/600 = Schaller > ESP LTD = licensed

^

The LTD 600 got a OFR made in Germany
Sounds right. It has?! I hear'd many times it was kind of the same deal as the FRT-O2000 but guess i was wrong. Thanks for pointing it out.
Thanks Matias!
After playing my guitar for 10 months I finally know what whammy it has, awesome:lol:
:lol: No problem dude.