Jackson RR-59 Limited Edition (24 frets)

The problem is... for those of us who have played Zelda for a while now, we are familiar with how the game works. But for those playing a Zelda game for the first time or are at least relatively unfamiliar, it might be a lot more difficult.

What would you guys think of difficulty settings (opportunity for increased hardness, lawl) implemented into Zelda games? Good thing or bad thing?

Good thing. Nintendo games seem to be lacking those in general.
Yeah, I've noticed that too. Games without difficulty settings are always too easy or too hard. But if the game has difficulty settings, it should have something for everyone from n00bs to pr0s. For example Resident Evil 3 has only easy mode and hard mode. Easy is easy as fuck, even for a first timer and hard is hard as hell, even for a RE-veteran. Also Devil May Cry 3, easy is too fucking easy and even normal is enough to make people to start the game on easy.

Nintendo games are more casual oriented. Not saying all games are like that, but I can't really pick a game developed by nintendo and say "Now this is REAL challenge". Try beating ninja gaiden sigma 1 or 2 on the hardest mode. No, no.. even the original NES ninja gaiden. For nintendo I can say that their games have really cool puzzle parts, but they are not hard at all to guess.

Well you know, the Nes 8bit had some really difficult games..

These days game makers want the player to enjoy a nice gaming experience and a challenge that's not so difficult you stop loving the game and tell everyone how much it sucks and to not buy it. But one game on PS3 that seems remarkably difficult is Demon's Souls. It looks like World of Warcraft or something. It has ZERO atmosphere, and is difficult as fuck. You try to make your way across this area and everytime you die you return right back to the very start and have to make your way thru the hundred villains AGAIN one by one. I obviously have no time for that shit so the game is gathering dust. I understand it's not cool if the game makers spend big working days and dollars for making awesome scenery for the game and the player just runs thru it once... but this is taking it too far.

When will they start making games with atmosphere again? Silent Hill 2 & 3 still remain as my favourite games ever (with OoT). One fundamental thing that's missing from most games is atmosphere. There was a little bit atmosphere in Dead Space and Siren Blood Curse, but not essentially.

Well, the most difficult game of all time still is Battle Toads on the NES, along with ninja gaiden. I'm yet to pick demon souls cause everyone says how difficult it is. Maybe, who knows. But I did enjoy playing Uncharted 2 on crushing mode, MGS4 while back on the hardest difficulty which took me quite some time. And the ninja gaiden sigma series are pure mind fuck. If you are into shooters Killzone 2 is challenging if you play it on hardest. But that's as far as PS3 library goes. Also talking about difficult games, waiting for my diablo 3, 10 years already. I can't wait to pick that up and play hardcore.

Try beating ninja gaiden sigma 1 or 2 on the hardest mode.
I started to play NGS2 on Master Ninja right after I finished it on Mentor. Now I've been playing the fifth chapter on MN like five months and the boss' buttrape count goes somewhere in 100-150. I don't understand the move when boss grabs you and does the tornado drop from the sky because it's possible to heal after he grabs you but the drop drains all your health. I've gone several times into the rage mode due to this.
Maybe, who knows. But I did enjoy playing Uncharted 2 on crushing mode, MGS4 while back on the hardest difficulty which took me quite some time.
I played the first Uncharted on crushing and imo it was fucking easy if you had played the game on hard (if I remember correctly, it was required to open crushing). I played the game on hard about in a week, right after that I played it on crushing in two days. Though Uncharted 2 was a lot more difficult than the first one, even on normal. And MGS4, it's kinda funny that on The Boss Extreme-difficulty setting you aren't anymore given the chance to fight through enemy lines because it's practically impossible (unless you didn't start a new save file). And that's just pure awesomeness, I don't know anything better than taking out five armed PMC-soldiers with CQC without them noticing you knowing that if you had used your M4, you'd be probably dead. And that's exactly why I love Metal Gear-series.
If you are into shooters Killzone 2 is challenging if you play it on hardest.
I hate to admit it but this is so far THE only game I've had to beat on the easiest difficulty setting for the first time :lol: Though I suck at FPS games, especially at single player campaigns, I'm still pretty good in the multiplayer mode and it's imo the best online shooter ever. It has the feeling of real war because hundreds of soldiers are killed during battles and the matches are long as fuck (which is a good thing). One time I thought that I would just play one or two matches on Killzone, and whaddaya know, I've been playing for two and half hours.

I started to play NGS2 on Master Ninja right after I finished it on Mentor. Now I've been playing the fifth chapter on MN like five months and the boss' buttrape count goes somewhere in 100-150. I don't understand the move when boss grabs you and does the tornado drop from the sky because it's possible to heal after he grabs you but the drop drains all your health. I've gone several times into the rage mode due to this.
You know, I can't agree more :lol: this game is made to piss you off to the maximum, I've raged and raged and it's been a long while since I played it. And I never finished it, maybe one day.

I played the first Uncharted on crushing and imo it was fucking easy if you had played the game on hard (if I remember correctly, it was required to open crushing). I played the game on hard about in a week, right after that I played it on crushing in two days. Though Uncharted 2 was a lot more difficult than the first one, even on normal. And MGS4, it's kinda funny that on The Boss Extreme-difficulty setting you aren't anymore given the chance to fight through enemy lines because it's practically impossible (unless you didn't start a new save file). And that's just pure awesomeness, I don't know anything better than taking out five armed PMC-soldiers with CQC without them noticing you knowing that if you had used your M4, you'd be probably dead. And that's exactly why I love Metal Gear-series.
Yeah that's true, the 1st one is easy compared to the 2nd one. But then again it didn't take me much to beat it on crushing mode. About metal gear.. this game is pure masterpiece, the thing about it is that if you play it on any other dificulty you might get away from being spotted, and on the hardest one it's practically impossible to do so. You either figure it out and wipe out the enemies in some kinda impossible way or just die.

I hate to admit it but this is so far THE only game I've had to beat on the easiest difficulty setting for the first time :lol: Though I suck at FPS games, especially at single player campaigns, I'm still pretty good in the multiplayer mode and it's imo the best online shooter ever. It has the feeling of real war because hundreds of soldiers are killed during battles and the matches are long as fuck (which is a good thing). One time I thought that I would just play one or two matches on Killzone, and whaddaya know, I've been playing for two and half hours.
For me Killzone 2 is the best shooter this generation. Call of duty is pure casual shooter, nothing to it really. While on Killzone 2 you have all the classes, squads and all that combined with beastly graphics. The beastly character and weapon design. Now that Killzone 3 beta is running, it looks like the controls are more like Battlefield bad company 2, which is really good thing. More people would be able to get into it and stop whining about the damn controls :yell:

This thread is now about Majora's Mask :lol: You guys are making me wanna play it again.

At least we're keeping the page bumped for TS!

LOL! What a thread hijack! :p Good job keeping the thread at the top though :rofl:

Let's hope someone is interested in the guitar :)

Call of duty is pure casual shooter, nothing to it really.
I tried Modern Warfare at my friends house few days ago. I played few maps in the single player campaign on Veteran and then I realized the game was a LOT shittier than I had ever thought (can't imagine how shitty MW2 cause I've heard it's even more shittier). Then I played few rounds in the multiplayer mode, I think the mode was Hardcore HQ or something like that. Multiplayer wasn't so interesting as Killzone but it was fun, I don't wonder why it has so much fans around the globe. Everyday after that I've went to my friends house to play few matches in CoD:MW. But not today because Resident Evil Zero :3

I tried Modern Warfare at my friends house few days ago. I played few maps in the single player campaign on Veteran and then I realized the game was a LOT shittier than I had ever thought (can't imagine how shitty MW2 cause I've heard it's even more shittier). Then I played few rounds in the multiplayer mode, I think the mode was Hardcore HQ or something like that. Multiplayer wasn't so interesting as Killzone but it was fun, I don't wonder why it has so much fans around the globe. Everyday after that I've went to my friends house to play few matches in CoD:MW. But not today because Resident Evil Zero :3

What ruins MW multiplayer is, that it's full of retarded 13-year-old American kids, who yell with their squirrel voice at mic all the time, are shitty players etc. You have to be a masochist not to turn other players voice off. Also Infinity Ward apparently doesn't care about players, since the game is full of glitches which ruin the multiplayer for honest players, and they just don't fix them, even though it is (was after release of Black Ops?) the most played game in the world.

I can say, that Black Ops is a lot better, though I've only played it a little with my friend.

What ruins MW multiplayer is, that it's full of retarded 13-year-old American kids, who yell with their squirrel voice at mic all the time, are shitty players etc. You have to be a masochist not to turn other players voice off. Also Infinity Ward apparently doesn't care about players, since the game is full of glitches which ruin the multiplayer for honest players, and they just don't fix them, even though it is (was after release of Black Ops?) the most played game in the world.

I can say, that Black Ops is a lot better, though I've only played it a little with my friend.

COD4 was really cool game, don't get me wrong. But Infinity Ward got lazy over MW2 and got fired. The game used P2P system, no lan support what so ever. And it had all those useless stupid perks that made the game even worse. I'm glad they got fired. Now as far as I see it, Treyarch did great job on COD Black Ops. They worked on World at War which happens to be my favorite COD game.

the most difficult game of all time still is Battle Toads on the NES

One of my friends still has the console and we played it a couple years ago. That game has the cheat to start it with 2 players. We also had a 60€ bet with a couple friends once on the Super Mario (the first ever) on that special mode where you're supposed to collect coins more than player 2 while avoiding the monsters, but we figured let's just try to kill each other by pushing and jumping towards the monsters, and since our bets were so big there was a lot of shouting and it was hilarious. One trick was to stand still when a monster is approaching you, and when the other player runs towards you in attempt to push you towards the monster, you jump over and he runs into it :p