6gl7ra.jpg

2hplm2t.jpg

I forgot to post pics of my latest Jackson RR so here they are:
DSCN0691m.jpg

DSCN0689m.jpg

DSCN0686m.jpg

DSCN0684m.jpg

DSCN0671m.jpg

All original Michael Schenker finish, haven't seen another Jackson with that finish yet.

And here's a group pics of my USA Jacksons:
untitled2.jpg

Jesus fucking christ!!! What I don't understand is how you cant find ANY older unique USA Jackson Rhoads like those IN the United States, I have looked all over and on Ebay and i cant find ANYTHING different than just the typical RR1 type in normal finishes.

Oh really? Where are you looking then?

The one that I have with Kahler....imagine the same one in black and all gold hardware...do you want it? Just two (yes, 2) days ago on eBay one went for 811$...serial number RR1071, opening price 799$, custom shop USA ofcourse. Pretty rare stuff and seems like there's noone buying cause of the fucked up economics...people rather clinge on their cash, rather than investing on guitars, whic doesn't make sense to me when it comes to great 80s custom shop Jacksons which will just go up in value with time... I was about to take it, but I couldn't come to the agreement on shipping costs with the seller, package was too big for USPS and the couriers were too damn expensive ;/.

Here's the ebay listing:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=220289671801

I live on the east coast of the US. Im sure theres much more of a market for vintage jacksons on the other side of the country on the west coast. I mean with all that hairmetal shit from the 80s over there haha.

But Ive been to numerous "vintage" guitar stores around the east coast and most of them only sell like vintage fenders and gibsons.

and the only vintage jacksons i've seen are of the normal shape :lol:

Mitch, you sellin that already!?? haha just kiddin.

I really really really want Michael Schenker Rhoads that Nazgul has, I would buy one of those in a heartbeat.
Its not custom is it? If its not a custom there has to be a few more like that floating around the world.

The only thing I don't like about the older Jacksons is the frets are a lot smaller then they make them now, not a big deal though.

I search eBay, Craiglists, Japanese Yahoo etc for Jackson guitars...so I can find good stuff here and there. FYI there's a San Dimas custom RR on Ishibashi used shop atm, but it's been refinished and looks ugly IMO...some US Navy graphic all over it and ugly yellow&blue colors.

Yes, all my 3 RRs are USA Custom Shop, I don't buy regular production models anymore. Chances are that my Schenker RR is the only one in the world...that has the original finish from the custom shop. One can ofcourse refinish any guitar anytime he wants, but it won't be factory original anymore.

Frets are not smaller, they are just thinner, which I like a lot :). Height is still the same as jumbo frets ;). FYI, Jackson KV2s come with the same frets as most of the 80s RR Customs did.

That looks awesome, where did you buy the gold hardware from?

My next guitar is going to be a white RR24 and I was thinking of switching the chrome hardware from my SL2H with the black hardware on the RR24

You haven't changed the tremposts? I've read your issue in the GP's thread. I'm sorry but I can't help you. Mine was about the OFR nut height. It was a bit higher than the one of the JT-580-LP so I had to file some wood down.

The RR looks really good.I want to get a gold OFR but I have to get my action and stripped screws in my RR fixed first.
Thanks man! One of my screws had stripped but i got new ones (long time ago)
You haven't changed the tremposts? I've read your issue in the GP's thread. I'm sorry but I can't help you. Mine was about the OFR nut height. It was a bit higher than the one of the JT-580-LP so I had to file some wood down.

I think the black studs look cooler than the gold ones. I'm just gonna get a professional to do the nut for me. :)

Sorry i actually meant that the head was rounded, probably best to take that to a professional if the thread is stripped

That looks awesome, where did you buy the gold hardware from?

My next guitar is going to be a white RR24 and I was thinking of switching the chrome hardware from my SL2H with the black hardware on the RR24

That can look pretty awesome!

I got all my gold hardware from here: http://www.guitarpartsdepot.com/
The gold OFR feels much better than the black FRT-2000? that was on there

Shhhh!!!! Don't say that! :lol:Anywa, really nice guitar, I think I'm going to get one of those yellow RR24s one day, but only if I can find a Ltd one, I don't dig the yellow one with black binding. Do you want me to swap the link to your guitar with this one or what?