rough idea for a song, let me know what u think please. . .

xmidihcx

off topic user
Dec 29, 2005
brooklyn, ny
www.myspace.com
i wrote this song in my studio last night, programmed the drums in fruity loops (the samples blow but i am going to replace them with sweet samples soon), the guitars were direct through some decent zoom pedal (oxymoron), bass direct through a tube preamp, and i did a rough mix in acid pro. the main reason why i made this was so i can hear how this riff is going to sound once it's constructed, performed and recorded. i wasn't feeling the main riff until i heard it with a thrashy drumbeat. don't critique the mix cus i know the guitars are scratchy, the drums are a little low, so they sound more real, and the bass is too loud in the mid range, but where should i go with this song? we are gonna record vocals tonight and i'm gonna use this is a scratch track for the drums. let me also know if u think the riff sucks! i'm open to anything! just dont tell me the playing is sloppy cus it was tracked in one shot at 3 am after drinking and smoking. its a simple pop arrangement, v/c/v/c/b/v but once i improve my recording/playing skills, thatll help me arrange these songs more creatively. THANKS for lending ur ears, my music loves ears and my ears love music! ;)

http://hxcmp3.com/midihc
its the last one called "designed to kill"

-dave

I like the riff a lot! I think it could use a nice outro solo kind of thing on the fade out though. That would be cool. Also, I'm not very fond of the bridge. It's a litte boring. Other then that nice work!

:yow: Just linstened to the other tracks. Sounds like a Super Nintendo virtual band. Crazy stuff.
Back on the topic, the riff doesn't suck, It's just very classic.

~BURNY~ said:
:yow: Just linstened to the other tracks. Sounds like a Super Nintendo virtual band. Crazy stuff.

Hehehehe. SN virtual band.

That track zentos the flesh taker is pretty rad. =)

cool! i'm glad you guys are diggin my video game metal. i need to remix them and give the tracks more PUNCH! i can't wait to hit the studio and work on this new riff.. yea that breakdown part is very plain, im gonna put a simple lead over it that i already have in mind, and hopefully shred it up for the outro! :) i have more of my video game metal tracks up on myspace, it's cool to get feedback from people with real musical taste. im glad i didn't get BURNED by BURNY!:D