Round 3 with JCA20H (GC woes, and amazing JCA Customer Service!)

guitarguru777

Nov 13, 2003
Las Vegas
www.jasonconstantine.com
So I got my 2nd JCA20H delivered to my house on Friday and this one has the same issues as the other one I received. I am not sure if its a problem in the shipping or if its just a faulty batch that GC in California picked up. Personally I think GC just keeps sending me the same one over and over.

So I put in a few emails to Jet City Amplification and let them know my troubles. Well it turns out that Jet City has INCREDIBLE customer service. Even though I haven't been able to play my JCA20H yet I will say that simply based on the customer service factor that I will be owning a lot of JCA stuff in the future!

So.... Customer service has decided to take matters into their own hands and send me a Modded JCA20H for all my troubles :) They will be sending me a JCA20H Comet with a black grill in the next few days! (they need to build it and have it modded before shipment)

For those of you that don't know the story:

I got my first JCA20H about 3 months ago. Took Guitar Center 6 weeks to ship it to me. When I got it there was this odd "scratchy" sound whenever the amp was powered on and moved. So I took the chassis apart and had a look, there was a cracked solder joint. I called GC explained it to them and they suggested I just fix it!

Well after 3 hours of arguing they decided to send me a 2nd one but only if I sent them the original. Well turns out they sent me a 2nd one with the same problem. Like an idiot I didn't check the serial on the first one to see if this was indeed the same one. So its been 13 weeks and still no JCA20H

For anyone ordering one AVOID GUITAR CENTER IN L.A.!!

I dont think JCA has ANYTHING to do with it. I really think its a GC thing. Hey even top of the line companies have a bad one slip through the cracks. I can say nothing bad about the company. I really think GC sent me the same amp twice ...lol

But I am really stoked to get my Comet :)