Roy Khan

SinDizzy

Mar 6, 2002
Ga.
www.bridefan.com
Am I the only one that noticed that this guy seemed to really hate what he was doing? I mean, he would sing a line then hang his head and shoulders and act like it was just kiliing hime to be there. Dude, if you hate it that bad, then quit and get a "real" job, see how you like that.

SinDizzy said:
Am I the only one that noticed that this guy seemed to really hate what he was doing? I mean, he would sing a line then hang his head and shoulders and act like it was just kiliing hime to be there. Dude, if you hate it that bad, then quit and get a "real" job, see how you like that.

No. I don't think so. I think he was catching his breath. That pained expression is his usual singing face. It's passion. Get a clue.

Joe

SinDizzy said:

He does have a real job for your info, and he is like that everytime I've seen him. It's just the way he presents himself. I know on thrusday everytime I didn't play I did the same thing, doesn't mean I was'nt having a blast up there.

I'm not talking about his "pained expression". I'm talking about how he seemd totally "out of it". He looked totally worn out and out of energy. Passion requires energy!

Fuck stage presence! :p Does John Zorn head bang while doing a mega-saxophone solo? Did Bach whip out a key-tar and do cartwheels across the stage while shredding? :lol:

He sings with emotional intensity. He doesn't sing the last note and immediately go into headbanging like some others but at times holds the moment beyond the last note. The vocalist's interpretation of music shouldn't stop when he closes his mouth, and I think his delivery is very thoughtful and rich in this respect.

I noticed this too, SD, and I commented about it in another post. I guess if you're a fan you don't care or you see it differently. I'm not a fan and he never wins me over be it with Conception or Kamelot. I don't really get the "emotion" and as far as catching his breath, he's not really over-exerting himself to merit a rest, IMO.

woosta said:
I don't really get the "emotion" and as far as catching his breath, he's not really over-exerting himself to merit a rest, IMO.

No offense, but you don't play a wind instrument/voice, do you? If you're singing AND breathing right while you sing, it's a plenty good enough of a workout without running around on stage.

Barking Pumpkin said:
No offense, but you don't play a wind instrument/voice, do you? If you're singing AND breathing right while you sing, it's a plenty good enough of a workout without running around on stage.

Very true, although this is something that can be worked on! =)

SinDizzy said:
Let's just say that his "stage Presence", or lack thereof, isn't my thing. Saw him with Kamelot and thought the same thing.

Interesting.

I think he has loads of stage presence. Of course, it's subtle. Not like racing around and headbanging furiously and such. He's more like some of the "classic" singers of yesteryear who let the vocals and subtle expressions speak for them. Oh well. *shrug* Call me a fanboy. But the man has one of the most unique voices in metal music and just exudes emotion and feeling.

I agree with Metulhed...I noticed all those expressions and such and took it as some great, emotional stage presence.

SinDizzy said:

You talk as if you are so certain of what you're saying...Are you khan? do you know him/or if that what you're saying is really the case?

MeTuLHeD said:
Interesting.

I think he has loads of stage presence. Of course, it's subtle. Not like racing around and headbanging furiously and such. He's more like some of the "classic" singers of yesteryear who let the vocals and subtle expressions speak for them. Oh well. *shrug* Call me a fanboy. But the man has one of the most unique voices in metal music and just exudes emotion and feeling.

very well said....nobody has his voice, he's got one of the most unique voices i've ever heard (even out of the metal world). which gives him a lot of admiration.

dargormudshark said:
I think he was having a great time, and with Kamelot last year I didn't see him hanging out and talking to fans like he did this year. I had always heard Khan was an asshole but he was very cool and pretty funny too :Spin:

plus, his facial hair was way cooler this year

SinDizzy said:

i don't know if he hated what he was doing... but something is for sure, the guy got old and he can't sing the way he used to sing anymore...

on many ocassions where the songs reached their climax, he just couldn't deliver... i wished i could hear him scream those high pitch tones like the ones on the albums...

still, he was one of the best singers of progpower in my opinion