RTAS substitute for Schwa CMX? (stereo widening a mono track)

Sorry that won't work for my purposes, I am talking about widening a MONO track, M/S processing only works with something already recorded in stereo. CMX works like a chorusey/delay sort of plugin that copies the sound and shifts various permutations of it aroun the stereo field to widen it. It sounds unnatural if you get too carried away but is really useful in small doses to stop background vocals and lead vocals from fighting for the same space if you are stuck without a doubled background vocal line and only have one take of it.

waves doubler
and I can't remember if L.E. comes with the digi 'Pitch' plugin?? Might be TDM only but check for it. Shift one side up a bit, one side down, add a different short pre-delay on each and you've got the old split harmonizer sound.

I haven't used CMX but PS is a pretty cool tool for faking stereo. I've actually used it on a 3rd rhythm track in a mix before so it wasn't driving straight up the middle. I imagine it would be awesome on a BG or double vocal.

Sorry that won't work for my purposes, I am talking about widening a MONO track, M/S processing only works with something already recorded in stereo. CMX works like a chorusey/delay sort of plugin that copies the sound and shifts various permutations of it aroun the stereo field to widen it. It sounds unnatural if you get too carried away but is really useful in small doses to stop background vocals and lead vocals from fighting for the same space if you are stuck without a doubled background vocal line and only have one take of it.

Hmm, interesting idea...