Aug. 07 - Bristow, VA @ Nissan Pavilion At Stone Ridge
Aug. 09 - Holmdel, NJ @ PNC Bank Arts Center
Aug. 10 - Wantagh, NY @ Nikon At Jones Beach Theater
Aug. 13 - Toronto, ON @ The Molson Amphitheatre
Aug. 15 - Uncasville, CT @ Mohegan Sun
Aug. 16 - Burgettstown, PA @ Post-Gazette Pavilion
Aug. 18 - Clarkston, MI @ DTE Energy Music Theatre
Aug. 19 - Tinley Park, IL @ First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre

I know, this is going to own on so many levels, it isn't even funny......

When Motorhead was on the Maiden / Dio tour, as much as I love them, I was like, "Eh, ok, but I have seen them many times over the past few years"

They didn't do a proper US tour for KISS OF DEATH, which was a stellar release.

My only fear with this tour is the Priest set.
They had mentioned previously the desire to perform their whole new album in its entirety. They are not the headliner on this tour. I am thinking their reasoning for going out as a non-headliner would be to play the whole new album. As a non-headliner, in a weird way, there might be less stress involved for attempting such a thing. Who knows? Maybe I am completely off base...... Either way, it will be an amazing night involving MANY metal legends!

I know, this is going to own on so many levels, it isn't even funny......

When Motorhead was on the Maiden / Dio tour, as much as I love them, I was like, "Eh, ok, but I have seen them many times over the past few years"

They didn't do a proper US tour for KISS OF DEATH, which was a stellar release.

My only fear with this tour is the Priest set.
They had mentioned previously the desire to perform their whole new album in its entirety. They are not the headliner on this tour. I am thinking their reasoning for going out as a non-headliner would be to play the whole new album. As a non-headliner, in a weird way, there might be less stress involved for attempting such a thing. Who knows? Maybe I am completely off base...... Either way, it will be an amazing night involving MANY metal legends!

Priest wants to do 2 tours, 1 to support Nostradamus, next 1 to do greatest hits and the like.
usually the headlining 1s is where they support the album.
not 100% sure but rest assured for now.

Outdoor shows suck. If tickets end up on sale soon, I'm probably going to blow this off given that I've bought Powerfest and Maiden tickets within the past few months.

Gotta find a way to save for the wedding somehow, and I will hate this show if it's outdoors.

Aug. 19 - Tinley Park, IL @ First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre

Wasn't this venue supposed to be demolished?
Haven't been there since the Maiden / Dio / Motorhead show like 4 yrs ago, but I bet it still sucks.
I have to hear Priest's new album before I judge if it's a good idea for them to play it in its entirely on this show. Maiden did it and I was most pleased.

Probably.

1. I've seen a "greatest hits" Priest show.
2. I might like the new album.
3. If I go to this, I definitely won't go to a Priest only show where they'd do the new album.

Definitely see your points....
For me, this show is about the complete package....

1) Seen H&H already, might not go again with openers I don't care for
2) Never seen Priest yet
3) Seen Motorhead prolly 10 times, but it has been a while
4) Can't make Sat for Powerfest, so Testament is a bonus