Rumors that Music Midtown will be on the same w/e as PPUSA XII

miel

Mrs. Harvester
Staff member
Feb 17, 2009
Music Midtown is an outdoor music festival that attracts over 300,000 people over the course of the weekend.

Recently, there have been *rumors* on both facebook and twitter that this music festival is set to return on the 3rd week of September.. the same weekend as ProgPower USA XII. You can see them here and here.

If you haven't already, BOOK/RESERVE your hotels now, folks!!

Here's our new hotel page.

~Jen

Wow. Good thing I've had my hotel booked since January. If the rumors are true, there is going to be a big flurry of people grabbing up the last of the hotels. So as Jen says, better get to jumping on your reservations.

You're right, Ty. He posted 9/24 in his tweet AFTER I created this thread. But I'm confused b/c he clearly states the third weekend in Sept. as well.

~Jen

he might be confused as to what week is actually the third week...

Either way, glad I got reservations early this year...it will be trememdous to be there.

Just trying to look out for my ProgPower Peeps!!

As soon as I saw it, my first thought was, "Oh, shit! Traffic's going to SUCK. OMG.. poor Lara!"

My second thought was, "Oh, shit! I better let everyone know this is a possibility!"

~Jen

Just trying to look out for my ProgPower Peeps!!

As soon as I saw it, my first thought was, "Oh, shit! Traffic's going to SUCK. OMG.. poor Lara!"

My second thought was, "Oh, shit! I better let everyone know this is a possibility!"

~Jen

LMAO!!! Thanks for the concern, but given the direction of where they usually host it (park behind the old SciTrek building), I shouldn't have issues. I do have a few ways to go, so we'll see what the traffic is like when we get there.

when was the last time they had the Mid Town fest?
2005. 2006 was canceled because Clear Channel did not want to spend the money. (A Clear Channel subsidiary owns the promotion that originally did Music Midtown.)

I doubt, in this economy, that Clear Channel is going to spend the money to do this. If they wouldn't when the economy was better, why then now?

YES.

But they're just a bunch of casuals.I doubt they would understand our superior taste in music.

haha thats true but if 5% of all those people come to prog power usa next year it will immediately sell out center stage :)

if 1% go then the rest of glenns tickets for this year are sold!

Just wanted to follow-up and perhaps ease some minds.. the latest buzz/rumor is that the Music Midtown festival will occur the week *after* PPUSA XII.

Nevertheless, once this is confirmed/announced, you can bet that Midtown hotel prices are going to rise. Just trying to help my peeps save some $.

~Jen