Running DAW in Win7 64bit

Ericlingus

Prettiest Hair Around
Oct 31, 2006
I have Cubase 6.5 and was wondering who here runs it in windows 7 64 bit. I'm still on XP(lol) and planning on upgrading soon to Windows 7 64bit. I also have Slate Trigger platinum, Ez Drummer and some other software aswell. What do you guys do?

Not a Cubase user but I don't exactly understand the question. Just get the 64-bit version of Cubase? You can run 32-bit programs in 64-bit OS just fine if I'm not mistaken. (I've done it with Reaper when the 64-bit version was all buggy for me).

Yes, it's flawless ; ) It might be worth you jumping ship to windows 8.1 if you want. A couple of mods to install so you don't have to get involved in the tablet shite, but then a slightly speedier OS with a few useful new features. Compatibility with win 7 programs is great.

i´m running cubase 6.5 in win7 64bit for quite a while now..its completly flawless, i run many plugins from native instruments, slate, ua, izotope,..
did not regret the upgrade from xp for a second.

The switch from xp to W7 was hazzle free. Windows 7 is great.

I concur 100%. Took us a WHILE to do it as I had the same fears as the OP; but now I'm absolutely adoring it as a DAW OS.

Much snappier and easier to navigate than XP yet all the deep tweaks are still there; albeit just in a slightly different hierarchy.

Cool thanks guys. I actually plan on just getting a new computer within the next few months maybe. I've been getting more and more into soft synths and would like to get into electronic productions and maybe film scoring so I'll need a super computer for that.

I'm running Reaper, not Cubase, but the switch from XP to 7 was seamless for me as well. Couple issues with the Focusrite FireWire drivers for my Saffire Pro40 at first, but that took all of 5 minutes to iron out and it's been running flawlessly ever since.