Running out of creativity?

Annihilat0r

TRINITY WATCH IN AMAZING!
Jan 14, 2007
South of Heaven
I don't mean to sound like a bigger asshole than I really am, but some time ago I remembered Mike's words in the "Dissecting The Drapery Falls" video:

"When they run out of creativity, most groups bring in a new vocalist or add a keyboard player. But we think we can still explore the guitar, a lot more. So that's why we have those weird structures and use those weird chords"

SOOO, Opeth added a full time keyboard player in GR and used a new vocalist in WS, which means they have run out of creativity HOLY FUCK

Yeah I remember those words very well. But maybe he grew up musically and he knows more about songwriting and that might changed his idea about adding Keyboard and new vocals, just like anyone's ideas. Mike probably looks to the music in a different way than before, maybe he never liked the idea of Metal+Keyboard but now he does, he finds it interesting. so saying that Opeth is running out of creativity is nonsense.

:lol: I love it when bands contradict themselves, like Metallica once said in one of their first shows "if you come to see short haired guys saying "baby" in every song this is the wrong band for you" and then 10 years later...

I don't mean to sound like a bigger asshole than I really am, but some time ago I remembered Mike's words in the "Dissecting The Drapery Falls" video:

"When they run out of creativity, most groups bring in a new vocalist or add a keyboard player. But we think we can still explore the guitar, a lot more. So that's why we have those weird structures and use those weird chords"

SOOO, Opeth added a full time keyboard player in GR and used a new vocalist in WS, which means they have run out of creativity HOLY FUCK

It's laughable how full of shit and ignorance you are.

fail

I'm glad that someone doesn't have a recording device around me constantly because if, god forbid, my opinion should change, people could hold it against me forever.

But seriously, I don' think the keyboards are limiting the creativity - quite the opposite actually - so I am chuffed with their addition.

It's laughable how full of shit and ignorance you are.

fail

it is laughable, but do you indeed laugh or not? well, do you, punk?

To the creativity issue: Sure the keyboard opens new creativity options for you but Mikael meant that most bands lose their creativity with guitars and add new elements, thus having new creative options; but they didn't have to do those because they still thought they have new things to do with guitar.

Evidently, now they don't. :ill:

it is laughable, but do you indeed laugh or not? well, do you, punk?

To the creativity issue: Sure the keyboard opens new creativity options for you but Mikael meant that most bands lose their creativity with guitars and add new elements, thus having new creative options; but they didn't have to do those because they still thought they have new things to do with guitar.

Evidently, now they don't. :ill:

But then BWP was released in '01. This is now. Personally I thought Natalie's vocals worked well (though I think they should have sung in harmony with each other) and Per is a fantastic keyboard player who adds plenty of texture and brings new life to the live performances.

:err: Baying of the Hounds = not creative? What about Reverie/Harlequin Forest? Or The Lotus Eater? Hessian Peel?

Ghost Reveries and Watershed do not strike me as albums made by a band that has run out of good guitar ideas. Besides, they've got Fredrik now, a new guitarist with a whole new set of ideas.

Yeah I remember those words very well. But maybe he grew up musically and he knows more about songwriting and that might changed his idea about adding Keyboard and new vocals, just like anyone's ideas. Mike probably looks to the music in a different way than before, maybe he never liked the idea of Metal+Keyboard but now he does, he finds it interesting. so saying that Opeth is running out of creativity is nonsense.

You always gotta be mostly right? :p

I agree with above statement, with an added hint of SHUT THE FUCK UP AND PRAISE YOUR MASTERS YOU INGRATES STOP POSTING HERE FUCK FUCK FCJK!!!!!!!

You may continue your normally scheduled programming :)

Typical human behavior. Example:

When Xguy doesnt have a cell phone he would blabber about how useless it is and its hazardous nature etc

Then if he owns one, he would then come up with arguments that how cell phone is a great thing etc..