Running Wild?

Nov 12, 2002
www.metalasylum.net
Clearly Running Wild is long overdue to play the states and Prog Power would be perfect for their debut. I am curious as to how many others want to see them make an appearance?
Glen would you like to get them? Have they been a consideration already?

Running Wild has been on my list since PP 3. I think they would be a great band to see live. Not sure if Glenn has considered them though. I'm sure it;s a possibility in th future though.

Running Wild is at the top of my list of bands to come to America now that Grave Digger is finally coming. Running Wild are legends and should definetly play here. I would love to see them play Prog Power next year. If they do indeed get confirmed for next years Prog Power that alone is enough reaosn for my to make the journey from NJ to GA.

Like I said on the Adagio thread a few weeks ago, I think this came up before and someone had read some interview with Rolf Kasparek in which he said he would never play anywhere that he couldn't take the full stage show. If he's caved on that point, then hell yeah, i'd love to see them at ProgPower. If not, their future as a ProgPower band looks fairly grim.
also, if anyone has more or more recent information regarding what I said, I'd love to hear it.

Ryan

Legends?

If Running Wild are a legendary band, how come this is the absolute FIRST time I've ever heard of them?

Priest are legends. Maiden are legends. Ozzy's a legend.

A damn good band that's been around too long to not be noticed in the States, yeah, I'll buy that. But legend? Hmm...

Bryan316 said:
Legends?

If Running Wild are a legendary band, how come this is the absolute FIRST time I've ever heard of them?

Priest are legends. Maiden are legends. Ozzy's a legend.

A damn good band that's been around too long to not be noticed in the States, yeah, I'll buy that. But legend? Hmm...
They are legends to us.... and we're not only American, but located in the boonie's of the west blocked from society! :loco:

Just like Therion, we covered a song from Running Wild a while back.... they are definatly worthy of legendary status in our opinion.

I've been looking forward to Running Wild possibly playing Progpower since PP II. I highly recommend checking them out if you've never heard them before.... in fact, if you ask most European metal bands or ANY german metal/rock band... Running Wild is on their list of Influences along with Judas Priest or Saxon ect. ect.

Jim's got a good pick with "Black Hand Inn"... but I would also recommend "Death or Glory" and "Port Royal"... which are sentimental favorites! :kickass:

Running Wild is essential for any fan of True metal..... it's required listening if you take a class in "Heavy Metal 101". :D

\m/
Dustin

Hell man, Running Wild are like the Pretty Maids of Germany. "Legends" in the 80;s, every metalhead over there who liked Maiden or Helloween loved Running Wild. Poor label managment and a shitty label (GUN) led to them being screwed in the US. Actually, theyre very similar with RAGE, both have been putting out quality metal for years and some of their best stuff was on the mighty GUN records. Thankfully, Running Wild's discography (with the exception of the first 3 albums) have been reissued on NOISE up to Masquerade, with bonus tracks. Rivalry is still a GUN import and Victory is licensed to Metal Blade in the US. Im not too sure if The Brother hood or the live album are available in the states.

btw, in case its not obvious, bring Running Wild the fuck over !!!

Ben

Dustin said:
They are legends to us.... and we're not only American, but located in the boonie's of the west blocked from society! :loco:

Just like Therion, we covered a song from Running Wild a while back.... they are definatly worthy of legendary status in our opinion.

I've been looking forward to Running Wild possibly playing Progpower since PP II. I highly recommend checking them out if you've never heard them before.... in fact, if you ask most European metal bands or ANY german metal/rock band... Running Wild is on their list of Influences along with Judas Priest or Saxon ect. ect.

Jim's got a good pick with "Black Hand Inn"... but I would also recommend "Death or Glory" and "Port Royal"... which are sentimental favorites! :kickass:

Running Wild is essential for any fan of True metal..... it's required listening if you take a class in "Heavy Metal 101". :D

\m/
Dustin
I totally agree with Dustin. I started listening to metal back in the early 80's and Running Wild was definately a huge influence on my musical tastes back when they came out. My personal favorites include Branded and Exiled and thier debut Gates to Purgatory. I think thier place in Metal history is unquestionably deserved!