Mar 13, 2004
Don't miss The Iron Maidens at
RUST FESTIVAL 2005
The Essence of Metal Festival
ALL DAY EVENT!

September, 24 2005 at National Orange Show Events Center
689 South "E" Street, San Bernardino, CA 92408
Cost: $20.00 advance/$25.00 day of show

The RUST Festival is a tribute to Heavy Metal Day at the legendary US Festival held on May 23, 1983 (www.usfestivals.com). The superstar lineup of talent included in the original concert was unlike any ever assembled before or since. Even today it reverberates in the minds of Hard Rock fans as the greatest Heavy Metal concert of all time. Van Halen, The Scorpions, Triumph, Judas Priest, Ozzy Osbourne, Motley Crue, and Quiet Riot all performed that heroic day. The RUST Festival will recreate that incredible day in Rock history using the World’s Finest “tribute” bands of the acts involved in the original concert. This coupled with an assortment of related festival activities will create a very unique experience for rockers everywhere. All of the stops are being pulled to make The RUST Festival the ultimate Hard Rock celebration on the planet. Triumph has been replaced by The Iron Maidens. :) For More Info please visit: www.rustfestival.com. Gates open at noon.

ALSO, Some of you already know this from Ozzfest and all the flyering the girls have been doing everywhere, but, we'd like to take this moment to officially introduce to you Elizabeth Schall, our new ADRIENNE SMITH. We're all sad to say goodbye to Josephine, but she will be kept plenty busy working full time in the film/production business and persuing other interests. Best of luck to you girl! We love you and you will be missed! You can check out Liz in her original band, Winterthrall, at http://winterthrall.com or, if you wanna check her out live with the Maidens, come to The Rust Festival!!! Now then, please come and welcome Liz to the Maidens family and share your Maidenly love at one of our upcoming shows!!
:headbang:

DRZ said:
we'd like to take this moment to officially introduce to you Elizabeth Schall, our new ADRIENNE SMITH. We're all sad to say goodbye to Josephine, but she will be kept plenty busy working full time in the film/production business and persuing other interests. Best of luck to you girl! We love you and you will be missed!

Ack sputter! Farewell Jojo! Best of luck. Welcome Elizabeth! Can't wait to meet you at the SLC Show :)

metallic1.jpg

Ok, I love Elizabeth already!!!!!!!!!! :headbang:

I have no doubt you'll be kicking some major ass up there. :headbang: I look forward to hearing you shred!!

And if you would, tell us about your luthier endeavours.... any new projects going? (I would have places some crude reference to your woodworking skills here, but that got old years ago.) It's great seeing work from fellow builders. :worship: The one on MySpace looks great! :D

Blizard said:
Hello hello!! This is Elizabeth. Thanks to everybody's welcoming. It's an honor for me to join The Maidens and have the chance to play with such amazing musicians and such amazing music as Iron Maiden is.
Although it is going to be very difficult task to replace Jojo I promise to not disappoint!! So come out to one of our shows and check it out.

p.s. see you in the pit!!!

Liz aka Adrienne Smith

Hey Liz!!!!!! Great to have you on board!!! I look forward to hearing you with the girls!!!
headbob.gif

Love the pic of you in the Metallica shirt btw!!
loco.gif

Blizard said:

Oh yea, I got a really warm Fender 9.5 neck that needs new frets, after I get my amp, I gotta to get it done, and assemble a new Frankenstein guitar, but I do understand buying the tools to do it yourself, cost more then having it done by someone who does it; however, please check out the FWSS6105 .102" X .049", at Warmoth. Its sweet stuff, personally I would never go back.

:hotjump: !!!!!

The Rust Festival was a spectacular event all the way around! Way better than anticipated. Gotta give major props to all the performers and to the organizers for staging such a great day of music!

Each of the performing bands paid tribute to their originals with the utmost professionalism, with great vintage costuming and highly impressive musical skills... and eventhough Mini Kiss was mostly Mini-Karaoke, they were quite entertaining performers.

In case you missed it, the lineup in order:

Fireball (tribute to Deep Purple)

TNT (ACDC)

Mini Kiss (A little person Kiss tribute)

Led ZepAgain (Led Zep)

Children of the Beast ('Shout' era Motley Crue)

Blackout (Scorpions)

Crazy Train (early solo Ozzy)

The Iron Maidens (need no introduction!)

Metal Godz (Judas Priest)

Atomic Punks (early Van Halen)

They all deserve another round of applause and thanks for playing some great music!

Regarding the MaidenS: need it be said? They were outstanding again! Wow!

And the new Adrienne Smith - Liz - has a great stage presence... looked & played like she's been in the band for much longer than her first show. She came off like a champ early on Wasted Years and nailed Adrian's parts. Way to go Liz!

Good to see Jeff Milne and RedShirt there. What a fun day! Thanks again to all the bands and the organizers... hope they do it again next year!

:headbang:

IMHO Mini Kiss was a BIG embarassment...Bring on the Freak Show... :yuk:

All in all the Rust Festival did Kick Ass, on the band side of things that is, there were so few people in attendance, I would hesitate to call it a "festival"...how about a gathering of a few folks...:p

I got to talk to Liz and Aja backstage and it was cool. I had never heard their music before, or even heard of "them" until someone sent me a link. That's how I even found out that there was a Rust festival. I guess that's how poorly it was advertised. I was very sceptical that they were going to be any good to be quite honest but I must say that I am thorougly impressed. I plan on attending more of their gigs for sure. :headbang:

Big thanks to everyone who made it out there to Rust Fest! What a fun gig. Glad everyone welcomed Liz with open arms! Thanks to all our help too (you all know who you are!) The day was so entertaining and it was nice seeing so many people from the past again! 'Til the next one! :headbang: