Ruthless Deliverance Review

He is using some sort of effect processor to scare you even more. Truly evil, and it sounds great. In addition, the chorus parts where he sings all pretty are better, too. In fact, there is even a guy doing backing vocals (Steven Wilson). Surprisingly, a first for Opeth.

He only uses a vocal effect for a part in BTPISIO, right?

And Steve's vocals were present on BWP, in fact, even more so.

"Opeth goes into a part where this ludicrously tight, heavy and syncopated riff that involves double bass blasts, odd timing and repetitions of five is going on. And, they play a counter melody to it! If any other band had come up with this particular rhythm (No one else could, I know, but bare with me) they would have been content to just play it. But as you listen, you will notice that not only is Lopez playing the main, off-time stuff, but that in the background he's got a third arm or something banging away keeping it all in 4/4. It just doesn't even make sense. No one can be that good. No one that is, but Lopez and his band, Opeth. "

Thats just stupid and wrong, Ever heard of Thomas Haake and a band called Meshuggah?

And the orgasm level on this review is just rediculous...!

They're not black metal, either. It's a little too worshipping to be a proper review. But it's positive.

It's just a fucking stupid review. It's like whomever wrote it knows nothing about the band but still really wants to suck their dicks. Anyone who honestly thinks Opeth is satanic doesn't deserve to call themselves a fan. For example, the part that really got me:

Should you listen for the backwards, really Satanic stuff after the last song is finished: Yes

What an imbecile.

"So, to summarize, the hard parts are harder and much more Satan-infused. "

"All hail the dark kings."

That's the kind of shit I was referring to. The backwards-listening stuff is obviously a joke, but whoever wrote this obviously sees an evil element to Opeth's music that just isn't there.