Sabaton & Accept 4/22 in Chicago

It's one show that instantly came to mind. When you're direct support for Maiden in Europe on a stadium tour, you're kind of a big fucking deal.

I have no idea what the visa thing you're talking about is in reference to.

being an opener for Maiden is great but to say you are a big f'ing deal isnt true. Look at all the lousy acts that have opened for Maiden in the US. Lots are in the "Where are they now" file. It isnt like Maiden all sat there going...who can put on an amazing show for the fans. Sure this will help Sabaton even more than ever with getting thier name out there but it isnt like just because you open for Maiden you have made it.

I am also confused over the visa comment too. I guess I missed something a while back.

being an opener for Maiden is great but to say you are a big f'ing deal isnt true. Look at all the lousy acts that have opened for Maiden in the US. Lots are in the "Where are they now" file. It isnt like Maiden all sat there going...who can put on an amazing show for the fans. Sure this will help Sabaton even more than ever with getting thier name out there but it isnt like just because you open for Maiden you have made it.

I am also confused over the visa comment too. I guess I missed something a while back.

The last two times I saw Maiden the openers were Dream Theater (2010) and Motorhead and Dio (2003?). That's not exactly scraping the bottom of the barrel.

It's one show that instantly came to mind. When you're direct support for Maiden in Europe on a stadium tour, you're kind of a big fucking deal.

I have no idea what the visa thing you're talking about is in reference to.

Got the year wrong. 2009 was when Andre was denied thus leaving AR owned.

But how can 1 show be a tour?

Anyone has any info on Sabaton's and/or Accept's set list and playing time? is there anyone else on the bill?
Thanks

Wow, I'm surprised at the lack of interest for Sabaton here, especially given their tremendous response at PP a couple of years ago. Granted, they aren't a top tier power metal band but I'd say they're better than a good 3/4 of their genre's peers. Seeing Accept again though will be worth the coin alone for us, as well as getting a chance to hang out with our metal brethren who we rarely see during the year outside of PP.