Sabaton & Accept 4/22 in Chicago

Wow, I'm surprised at the lack of interest for Sabaton here, especially given their tremendous response at PP a couple of years ago. Granted, they aren't a top tier power metal band but I'd say they're better than a good 3/4 of their genre's peers. Seeing Accept again though will be worth the coin alone for us, as well as getting a chance to hang out with our metal brethren who we rarely see during the year outside of PP.

Well, there aren't a lot of people posting on this thread. You also have to figure a lot of people are waiting to see them on the Evergrey tour since Accept has already gone through here lately.

I was at the Orlando show. Sabaton was awesome. They were so energetic. The lead singer had the crowd in the palm of his hands. I would definitely see Sabaton again. I haven't gotten all their albums, but I think "Art of War" is a fantastic album. I think it does help if you are a history buff like myself to fully appreciate the band. It is like a history lesson in every song. I wish I had gone to the festival in '09. Still mad that I didn't make the trip.

Accept wasn't bad. I am not a huge fan of theirs though. I remember seeing them in their "heyday" and thought they were interesting then. I did think they were too loud on Saturday. That is a strange thing to say during a metal concert, but it was true. I was wearing ear plugs even and it still was a bit too much. I didn't have that problem during the first two acts on the docket or a previous concert I saw at the venue. So I don't know what it was.

Heres the setlist for Sabaton
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/sabaton/2011/club-firestone-orlando-fl-7bd3b668.html

Sabaton killed and Accept destroyed! Great show. Accept set list:

Teutonic Terror
Bucket Full Of Hate
Starlight
Love Child
Breaker
New World Comin'
Restless And Wild
Son Of A Bitch
Midnight Mover
Metal Heart
Wolf guitar solo
Neon Nights
Bulletproof
The Abyss
Losers and Winners
Aiming High
Princess Of The Dawn
No Shelter
Up To The Limit
Burning

Encore:
Fast As A Shark
Pandemic
Balls To The Wall

Sabaton killed and Accept destroyed! Great show. Accept set list:

Teutonic Terror
Bucket Full Of Hate
Starlight
Love Child
Breaker
New World Comin'
Restless And Wild
Son Of A Bitch
Midnight Mover
Metal Heart
Wolf guitar solo
Neon Nights
Bulletproof
The Abyss
Losers and Winners
Aiming High
Princess Of The Dawn
No Shelter
Up To The Limit
Burning

Encore:
Fast As A Shark
Pandemic
Balls To The Wall

Can't wait till next Sunday and Monday!!

Wow, I'm surprised at the lack of interest for Sabaton here, especially given their tremendous response at PP a couple of years ago.

This board is hardly indicative of the actual Progpower Crowd. We're just a very skewed crowd who enjoys prog more, with a few PowerFags scattered in. I belong to the latter category.

Wow, I'm surprised at the lack of interest for Sabaton here, especially given their tremendous response at PP a couple of years ago. Granted, they aren't a top tier power metal band but I'd say they're better than a good 3/4 of their genre's peers. Seeing Accept again though will be worth the coin alone for us, as well as getting a chance to hang out with our metal brethren who we rarely see during the year outside of PP.

Dude, I'm so excited about Sabaton I almost peed myself when I saw they were playing with Accept. I saw Accept in Baltimore last year and fell in love with them, so when I found out they were touring again I was all over that. When I found out that they were touring with Sabaton, my brain exploded. I missed them at Prog Power and didn't think I'd ever see them live, so this is huge for me. FUCKING HUGE. I love Sabaton AND Accept!!

Dude, I'm so excited about Sabaton I almost peed myself when I saw they were playing with Accept. I saw Accept in Baltimore last year and fell in love with them, so when I found out they were touring again I was all over that. When I found out that they were touring with Sabaton, my brain exploded. I missed them at Prog Power and didn't think I'd ever see them live, so this is huge for me. FUCKING HUGE. I love Sabaton AND Accept!!

glad you're on board with one of the legends! check out that set list a couple of posts back, 22 songs, I think they did 17 or 18 last year when I saw 'em so it looks like we get a few more this time around, but no Beat the Bastards? Oh well, you can't get 'em all, Teutonic Terror is a righteous opener though!

This board is hardly indicative of the actual Progpower Crowd. We're just a very skewed crowd who enjoys prog more, with a few PowerFags scattered in. I belong to the latter category.

Between the 2 genres I'm more into power by far although I have/dig alot of prog. But maybe you're right, the forum seems to be heavily represented by the prog fans..."not that there's anything wrong with that"...:Smug:

Between the 2 genres I'm more into power by far although I have/dig alot of prog. But maybe you're right, the forum seems to be heavily represented by the prog fans..."not that there's anything wrong with that"...:Smug:

I'm totally cool with being called a "power fag".

This show absolutely crushed tonight. Sabaton had a great reception....the crowd was calling for them way before they even got on stage. Accept again had awesome sound, and was amazing. A little bit slow near the end of the main set, but the encore sent the place up for grabs.

The mosh pit during the encore was stupid, but it allowed me to scoot to within two or three people from the stage.

Great show and glad to see a fairly packed house for metal in Chicago. Sabaton did indeed get an awesome reception, and deservedly so. Accept fucking slayed just as they did in Atlanta.

I went to the Sabaton/Accept show last night here in Portland. Dragged a buddy from work along. I have to admit I haven't followed these two bands much, have Accept's latest CD and nothing from Sabaton. I did not catch either at PP the last couple of years, but hearing their live shows talked up from members of this board, I thought I should go check them out.

The venue, Peter's Room, was one I haven't been to before and it was packed!

Both bands were great! The sound was great! Accept was super tight. Mark's singing was really good and he (gotta be mid 50s at least) had way more energy than a lot of younger front men.

The drunken crowd yelling "Balls to the Wall" for the encore was a little off key, but what the heck.

Sometimes when you see bands they come out and do their thing and then leave and you get the feeling that it's like a job, they do it, do it well, and go home. Both Sabaton and Accept appeared to be having the time of their lives! Totally great vibe and energy, it really came across in the performance.

If you have a passing interest in either of these two bands, I'd highly recommend seeing them live.

anyone going to the Santa Ana show on Sunday?? Can't wait. Sabaton and Accept will bring the house down i think haha

Accept were amazing at the key club last year, so this show should be great too.

I went to the Sabaton/Accept show last night here in Portland.

I was there too and I agree that it was a great show! I just happened to be in Portland visiting family so I got lucky. I'm more familiar with Accept than Sabaton but I really enjoyed both. I'll definitely pick up the last couple Sabaton CDs so I'm more familiar with their music if/when they come through again. The venue was pretty nice, although I walked in just as Sabaton was starting so I didn't see much except for the band area. The bad part was that the drunk 6'6" sweaty guy with a mullet muscled his way right in front of me and I couldn't seem to escape him for a good part of the show. Oh-well, still a great show.

I'll definitely pick up the last couple Sabaton CDs so I'm more familiar with their music if/when they come through again...

I did the same, seems like several were re-released recently and I found most of their catalog for < $15 each where previously they were $20+.

They said something about coming through in the fall, I think Seattle though and not Portland.

The venue was pretty nice, although I walked in just as Sabaton was starting so I didn't see much except for the band area.

Funny thing is that's the small room at that facility. But the bar in the small room is MUCH better than the little bar in the 1400 person main theater.

Funny thing is that's the small room at that facility. But the bar in the small room is MUCH better than the little bar in the 1400 person main theater.

I never went to the bar area (although I REALLY could've used a drink). If I have a drink I ALWAYS have to leave to find the restroom right as they are playing something I really love, so it usually isn't worth it.

I'm from Spokane so I usually drive to Seattle for shows, it was just luck that I was in Portland for Accept. I liked that venue much better than the usual places in Seattle (El Corazon & Studio 7). Hopefully I'll get down there for some more shows in the future.