Sabian B8 Cymbals and recording

Skyweaver

Shred or Die !
Jul 9, 2005
Australia
www.luthor.info
I love the sound of Paiste 2002 cymbals, they just seem to sound great when recording - the only draw back is the $$$

Sabian have these cymbal packs of the B8 cymbals which is pretty cool and low cost.....so I'm wondering what have people experienced with recording with the Sabian B8's ?

B8's are the devil and are big pieces of shit... I can't emphasize that enough...

They may work for one or two recording sessions (if you happen to get ones that dont sound like ass), but they are literally bargain cymbals... they are the behringer of the sabian line.

I don't think they're THAT bad. For the price, they beat the piss out of Zildjian's lower end cymbals. I still use my Sabian B8 Ride and it sounds great (of course all my other cymbals are AAX series). I actually prefer the sound of my ride over many cymbals 3x the price

I don't think they're THAT bad. For the price, they beat the piss out of Zildjian's lower end cymbals. I still use my Sabian B8 Ride and it sounds great (of course all my other cymbals are AAX series). I actually prefer the sound of my ride over many cymbals 3x the price

You, my friend, are a rare breed... well... I guess not, they still make them for a reason... I guess every so often someone gets a good cymbal or two from one of those packs... i wouldn't play that roulette game, though.

A ride is not a cymbal, it's a big piece of metal that say "ping". :heh:

I've recorded with B8's and the low end Zildjians before and I'd have to say the B8's are better, but neither sound remotely good. If you have a decent drumset, don't buy B8's and singlehandedly ruin your overall drum sound. If you're just someone messing around with cheapo stuff, go right ahead.

My first cymbals on my first kit were B8 pros. They are kind of a joke for a serious drummer but if you are truely on a budget I guess they will have to do. I actually listened back to a recording I did with them... pretty obnoxious, shrilly highs with no body and bad decay.