self-surgeon
Jul 14, 2004
MI
inkybmistro.co.nr
http://news.bostonherald.com/national/view.bg?articleid=61297

Convict Martha loses her touch
By Dean Johnson
Saturday, January 1, 2005

Well, it's official. Martha Stewart has hit rock bottom. Not only is the one-time multimedia mogul behind bars, but she just lost a prison decorating contest.

Stewart was part of an inmate team at a federal prison camp in Alderson, W.Va., that was given $25 worth of glitter, ribbons, construction paper and glue to build a display based on the theme "Peace on Earth.''

She went for paper cranes hanging from the ceiling, according to a recent online People magazine piece. But the, er, jailbird motif didn't carry much weight with the judges, whoever they were.

Martha and her crew lost out to a competing team that built a nativity scene showing "pictures of snow-covered hills and sleds and clouds on the wall,'' according to one of the inmates.

Is there no end to this woman's humiliation?

Stewart was convicted along with her stockbroker of lying about why she unloaded shares of ImClone Systems Inc. stock in 2001, just before the price plunged.

She is due to be released in early March from Alderson, then must spend five months confined to her home in Bedford, N.Y.

Following the house arrest, she is scheduled to begin shooting a daytime talk show with a live studio audience.

i think a released inmate said she admitted to wanting to lose on purpose so she didn't get on people's bad sides. i saw her talking on CNN.

i feel bad for martha stuart. i think it's funny that this whole criminal case against her backfired and now she's going to make more $$ than ever.