Saddest Opeth songs?

My 5:

1. To Bid You Farewell
2. Requiem
3. Credence
4. Demon of the Fall (especially the ending, still to this day everytime it gets to that part in the song I get goosebumps. )
5. Dirge for November

Mikael's vocals on "Hours of Wealth" literally made me cry when I first listened to this song with headphones on. So sad, yet incredibly beautiful...:worship:

sister ophelia said:
Mikael's vocals on "Hours of Wealth" literally made me cry when I first listened to this song with headphones on. So sad, yet incredibly beautiful...:worship:

To me, the song has quite a positive sentiment, but you are definately right in that these vocals are probably the best Mike has ever done. So resonant, so emotive, so goddamn bluesy! And Per's keyboard work is lovely aswell, very simple and effective. It's all very moving. I love this song, but it kinda makes me happy rather than sad.

We played Epilogue at my Uncles funeral..so that one makes me a little teary-eyed. I never really thought of Credence as a sad song, but I guess it is. Face of Melinda tends to make me a little emotional. They have a lot of songs w/sad lyrics, but they don't make me feel sad. I was always very impressed w/the fact that they have no curse words in their lyrics.

I think Hours of Wealth is sad. Sad sounding at least, I can't remember the lyrics.