SADUS shows: San Francisco Candlestick Park with Metallica...!!!!

HippieOfDoom

The 13th Monkey
Feb 12, 2002
Golden State
www.stevedigiorgio.com
Psyched you out....!

We are playing two shows with Testament; March 29 & 30, Saturday and Sunday, at The Independant in SF. Also playing each night are Laaz Rocket and Vicious Rumors. You can peep a promo vid here: http://www.youtube.com/v/qqHT0nSL3XA

Pretty much each band has a new album of material to play from. We are going to try and make a little different set for each night to cover more material. Not to divulge much more than that, but to say that we are filming for a possible live DVD so we want to cover many songs over the two nights. And also try and persuade fans to try and catch both nights for maximum fulfillment..!!

First show in two years that isn't in Latin America... or is it??
Orale!
See you there Bay Areians.
SDG

I was like "Holy Shit!" but this is still fantastic news. It sucks that it's a 21 and over show because my friend wanted to go to this. This is awsome because I didn't know Vicious Rumors were playing. This will truly be an awsome show. This will also be my first time seeing Sadus which makes me feel like I've been missing out.

Oh wait a second, at the end of the promo it says March 30th is sold out and that seems to be the only show that you can buy tickets to on ticketmaster, whats up?

Professionally filmed, or filmed like the Chile DVD that (I'd assume) was one hard-cam from the back of the venue? Either way it will definitely rock but the Chile DVD bothered me only in the fact that it was hard to see your damn fingers on the fingerboard, and that the audio wasn't as fine-tuned as I would have liked haha. Wish I lived in Cali and had a fake ID to go see both nights, it sounds pretty damn awesome

And this is coming from a 9r's Fan!!! :heh:

HOD, great to hear you guys added a 2nd date at the independent. And with OBC workin the cam, it should be kick ass. :zombie:

I'll spread the word and post this in the Valley !m! SADUS !m!

Professionally filmed, or filmed like the Chile DVD that (I'd assume) was one hard-cam from the back of the venue? Either way it will definitely rock but the Chile DVD bothered me only in the fact that it was hard to see your damn fingers on the fingerboard, and that the audio wasn't as fine-tuned as I would have liked haha. Wish I lived in Cali and had a fake ID to go see both nights, it sounds pretty damn awesome

I can't in good faith say that I am a "professional" I do have professional equipment. This is not a hand held set up! I will be filming in High Def (Canon XH-A1 google it!), two audio channels (from the board and shotgun mix to mix with), editing done on a Mac with Final Cut Pro. Since I will be set up on a tripod there will be good close ups! I'll be there for both shows.

This is going to be a brutal show!!!!!!!:kickass:

Haha, Laaz Rockit...Vicious Rumors are pretty good support. I'd drive up, but with gas at nearly $4/gallon I'm not sure I can afford that.

So Steve, this might be a good time to ask this because I bet a lot of people, especially aspiring musicians would be interested in your thoughts.

You've got a big gig coming up this weekend. I'd like to hear your thoughts on a couple things.

First, how do you usually spend the last few days before a gig preparing? Not when you're on tour, but for a one-off gig like this or at the very beginning of a tour.

And second, what's going through your mind tonight now that all the prep work is pretty much done. How do you mentally prepare yourself for the performances the next two days?
- SoM

While we are on the subject...

I watched Spinal Tap II AKA Some Kind of Monster the other day. I was wondering how those oblivious old hacks AKA Metallica would have reacted to Mr D playing along with the therapy crew when they auditioned bass players. The way they pooped their pants over Rob Trujillo was funny enough, even though I respect Trujillo as a bass player. Do you guys think they are even aware that people play bass like Hippy or Lars K Norberg?

Now lets all hold hands and hug. I have some paintings to sell.

While we are on the subject...

Do you guys think they are even aware that people play bass like Hippy or Lars K Norberg?

Tyr (Erik Tiwaz) of Borknagar and ex-Emperor is a fretless-wielding badass too, if that's what you're asking. And on the Lars Norberg front, he has absolutely owned the new Ihsahn album angL, check it out! (Please buy it in time, though
:lol:)

Now lets all hold hands and hug. I have some paintings to sell.
What do you have on offer, eh? :err:

Yeah I dig Tyr too. Thanks for telling me about the new Ihsahn though, I wasn't aware he had a new one and with Tyr on it as well... I really like The Adversary.

The point I was making was that Metallica seemed to have no idea of the standard of bass players out there and if they were really trying to get someone in that had "been around the block" and could nail all of their stuff "without looking like they were struggling" there is definitely a resource out there. It all comes back to Metallica being lost as rock stars who have no idea of the heritage of their earlier music. Anyway you had to have seen that documentary to get the context.

As for what I offer, just warm feelings and simple home cooking...

By the way the comment about holding hands and hugging was a reference to Some Kind of Monster too, as was the selling paintings.

Lars Norberg is on the new Ihsahn album, not Tyr :)
Oh man, that was totally lost on me. I didn't even feel like seeing Some Kind of Monster when it came out, as I was thinking it would be even more superficial than the parody that was Spinal Tap. But I could still try your cookin'...

I only watched it because it was on TV. I totally agree about the Spinal Tap thing. That was the reason I actually endured the whole sorry affair, I was fascinated by how much of a piss-take they were of themselves without even knowing it. I did love Lar's father though. "I would just say delete it".

Yeah and I looked up the Ihshan record and it did say Lars K Norberg was on it, I misread your post the first time.

Hehe, if only more metal bands got their 70+y.o. mummies and daddies to rock out with them...:headbang:

ENSLAVED...

normal_Kjell_Asbj%F8rn_Bj%F8rn.jpg

normal_EvilBj%F8rn.jpg

:lol:

So, come on Hippy, what are your thoughts on being left out of the Metallica auditions. Would you have been as giddy as Rob Trujillo if you got the gig?