Sample of my song, tell me what you think so far.

Impy said:
What did you do to the drums? They're phasing a lot.

I agree with Impy. Something strange goin on with the drums there. It's hard to tell what they're doing for the fist half of the clip because it's fading in and out. The guitars sound ok. What did you use? Are they DI?

Listener beware; I had my speakers up louder than I though when I started this track. CYPHER IS!! "HOLY FUCKWAGON! THAT WAS LOUD" :D

I hear maybe a bit of phasing on the snare but that's about it.

guitar is mark4 mesa head.

the drums don't come in and out on my speakers, the snare could just be a bit louder.

peace

james

yeah really nice blackcom, I really dig both of the guitar tones you got via the pod, and then a real amp.

I am also going for a really tight meshuggah-ish sound, what amp did you use for your full band recording? and what kinda mic and cabinet set up did you use?

oh and was that a pod or a pod pro?

nice work man, keep it coming!!

peace

james

p.s

diobolic5150 which pantera song did you get the kick from? 5 minutes alone? sounds really cool!!

Sampes:
Kick and Snare: Pantera, 5 min
Pod Pro 2.3...
XT sux.

Real guitars:
Ibanez Universe -> Marshall JMP-1 -> Marshall Valvstate Pro 120/120 -> Marshall JCM800 Lead 4x12 -> Shure SM57 -> SMProAudio PR8 (cheap mic preamp at 150 bucks) -> RME Multiface AD.

We've just recorded four drumtracks. Some of the preprods above and some other ones. These tracks are being recorded with API preamps...so watch out...they are totally gonna rock....