Samson Monitors. Not too shabby!

Freak Of Metal

Student Of Sound
Jun 15, 2009
Leeds
Hey guys. I just recieved my Samson Media One 3a active studio monitors today. I bought them because they looked great and I needed something small and cheap to go with my desktop mixing setup. Prior to purchasing them, I tried to do some research about them and I could barely find any reviews. Well here's my low down on them to whoever is thinking about buying a cheap pair of monitors. They sound fantastic! Absolutely crystal clear. I find myself listening to my fav CD's and hearing things that I didn't before. I'm still stunned at how great they sound for the price. I think they sound better than my mates Alesis pair, which were twice as expensive. The response is very flat and because they aren't high end and are small, the bass response is not excellent, but it is decent. The speakers really shine when they are turned up. They are also very loud for 30W.

When I bought these, I thought of them as a stepping stone to a higher priced pair (when I can afford them). They are my first active monitors, and if you're running a little studio at home with a limited budget/space, you should seriously consider these. I can imagine that the bigger models sound better, but I didnt have space for them. Check em out!:headbang:

Cheers.

Hey, you still own/like em? Am looking for some new ones, dont have a big budget and live at a small appartment. Got some Behringer MS20 atm, but in some way my mixes always sound harsh when using other speakers.