San Francisco- here I come

See, that makes sense now that I see it's a bar. I don't mean that things have to be military precision, but "Meet here at X time" for each day would allow me strategic placement of a hotel I was at, so I didn't have to travel too far in any direction.

Nothing personal against Karen, but I got nothing as far as a meeting place or time for anything, and "go with it" doesn't cut it for someone with social anxiety. I gave up trying to find a well-placed hotel and backed out. Not that it matters anyway with the new job coming up and my schedule needing to be clear.

San Francisco is 7 miles by 7 miles. You can walk anywhere in an hour or two, cabbing never takes more than 15 minutes, and there's tons of public transportation. It is all good.

And social anxiety is just something you made up.

Nothing personal against Karen, but I got nothing as far as a meeting place or time for anything, and "go with it" doesn't cut it for someone with social anxiety.

That's another huge reason. It's been really bad of late - I rarely go outside during the day anymore. Maybe I'll feel more brave tomorrow?

PS. tomorrow is record store day, so I highly reccomend you guys hit up Amoeba at some point. Upper Haight, at Haight and Stanyan. Best record store ever.

Kevin, where is your hotel, anyway?

myhotel is on 8th and mission rght by the Orpheum. im about to head out on my longboard somewhere so i probably won't be back around here for the rst of the day. i don't know where zeitgeis is but i can figure it out and getthere. id like to find amoeba too. i went into the virgin megastore last night, they're closing ad every single thing they have in there is 50% off. But itall sucks and i let empty handed. lots of cheap dvds tho.mn this keyboard sucks. my internet expires in an hour, so i won't be back after that. all the people that nedmynumber have it. call or text whenever

Just looked at some reviews because I'm clueless, but Zeitgeist might trigger a complete breakdown.

lol

If anyone wants to hang out in the woods with me, I'll be here

Goodbye Seattle! It's so hard to leave when it's beautiful here.

sf01.jpg

It wasn't dark when I got to SF, but by the time I'd found and walked to my hotel with all my stuff, and made it down to the water, it definitely wasn't very light outside anymore.

sf02.jpg

sf03.jpg

sf04.jpg

After that I just took some random route back to my hotel and got hammered. Which resulted in this:

sf_mirror01.jpg

The next day was gorgeous.

sf07.jpg

sf05.jpg

sf06.jpg

sf08.jpg

I randomly discovered this place... just walking down the street and saw it. I definitely would have went in if they weren't closed.

graciebjj.jpg

OMG most epic mirror picture ever!!! <3 <3 <3

kk01.jpg

I have a couple more pics with everyone else that I will post after said everyone else sees them first.

- Brooks, thanks for showin us the good places to rock and forcing me onto your porch! Also, I'm totally stoked you made it to Mastodon afterall!
- Neal, thanks for kickin it and letting me stay with you on Monday night. I'd like to say that was a 4/20 I will never forget, but I'm afraid I pretty much already have haha. Wow. My brain is still sore :kickass:
- LF, good rockin with you man, and nice to meet you in person!
- Isabel and Julz - The rumors are true... Isabel drinks like a seasoned veteran and Julz is cool as ice lol.
- Karen - I mean.. like... ya know.. wow :) <3 <3 <3 So hard to believe that was only the first time we've ever met in person!

I had so much fun, everyone was totally rad and I would rock with you all again at the drop of a hat! I have some more pics including Mastodon at The Great American Music Hall and some really cool shots from the flight home that I will put up tomorrow. The flight home was cool because we went along the Cascade mountains and I could literally see every single one of them lined up out in the distance. And when we reached Seattle the pilot did a big huge circle right over the top of downtown so I was literally looking straight down on the city as the sun was going down in the distance. It was probably the most epic flight I've ever been on!

Awesome, awesome times. Now I'm back to the daily grind, but it really doesn't seem that bad after a cool vacation :)

edit: nighttime view from the hotel room:

sf09.jpg

I want yer mum, but I'm sure she told you as a kid that we don't always get everything we want, amirite?!

I remember trying to take a video of everybody headbanging to Angel of Death but it came out black, as did the videos that were accidentally taken when it was stuck on video mode haha.

Turns out not too many pictures were taken, at least on my camera. And most of those ones took place at Brooks' place after Isabel and Julz took off :(

sf_pops01.jpg

sf_pops02.jpg

sf_brooks02.jpg

I'm really glad I don't have one of these things on my wall like Brooks or my camera battery would constantly be dead.

sf_brooks01.jpg

sf_brooks03.jpg

and the porchforcing yet again because it ruled:

porchforcing.jpg

Tis all I got. Too much action to be taking action pictures all the time!