Sanctity and Sonata Arctica tomorrow night!

Sorrell

APT Guitarist/vocalist
Jan 3, 2008
Fairfield, CA
www.myspace.com
Tomorrow night at The Boardwalk in Orangevale (Sacramento). I don't know much about Sonata Arctica, but I am a fan of Sanctity. :headbang: They are a very skilled metal band. I'm really going for them, but I'm interested in seeing Sonata Arctica as well. I've seen 3 of their videos and really liked one of them.

Should be very cool. Also at this show will be Conducting From the Grave and At Dawn.

I just checked out those 2 bands. GFtG are no joke at all! They are quite good. At Dawn (from Yuba City, CA) sound like every other group of 19 year old pissed off kids from a shit-town, with a P.A. and an attitude. I read one of their blogs in which the singer bashes every other band for being a bunch of corporate pussies making crap music, blah blah blah. Grow up little boy.

Anyway, I'll post a review on Sunday.

SRS

What a drag...

As I mentioned, the main reason for my going to this show was for the band, Sanctity. During the first band, I asked a guy at the merch table "where is Sanctity's stuff?" To which he replied "They're not going to be here".

Apparently, they had some trouble returning to the states. I heard what the trouble was, but I won't repeat it til I hear the whole story. I won't start the rumor mill rollin'.

The first band "At Dawn" turned out to be quite good. They have a new drummer since they recorded their demo, so they are way better than I thought they would be.

"Conducting From the Grave" was awesome! I watched them on Youtube before going to the show and instantly loved the vocalist. Me is a modern metal screamer and sounds like the love-child of Mikael Akerfeldt and Dani Filth. To say that this kid put out 110% is an insult. I was exhausted just watching him. His cross over from the deepest death-metal thunder-growl to the glass-shattering, sibilant scream of a banshee was among the best I've ever heard.

I spoke to him after he was done, and told him "I came here tonight for Sanctity and your vocals. Sanctity's not here, so YOU were the show!" He was amazingly sober and gracious. Check them out.

Proving once again that I am NOT a prog fan, we only made it through 3 or 4 songs by "Sonata Arctica". Not my thing. They are technically, very good. All band members are very skilled at what they do, just stop with the posing! I just can't stand the ultra happy, smiley, Stryper sounding singer. And, how many songs can they play in a major key??? Answer: All of 'em!!! I'm SOOOOO not a fan of major-key, happy music.

But hey, I didn't go to see them. It's not their fault. I went to see the BAND THAT DIDN'T SHOW!!!!!

Oh well, maybe we'll have better luck next time.

SRS

Oh man, Steve..sorry the show turned out not to be what you'd hoped for. Happy to hear that there were some redeeming points to the evening, though!