Sansamp PSA 1.1 - Metal - preset #24 (Mesa Rectifier)

My main preamp (1.0) for so many years...lot of presets based around this famous 24 rectifier preset...I plugged it into Peavey Classic 50/50 (lack of balls a bit) and many cabs...dark sound, because of the non-bypassable so-called "cab emulation" (principaly a lo-pass filter...1993 technology) with my real cabs, but ok with bands...

About your mix, guitars sound ok for the song, a bit fuzzy when soloed, but nice with full band on...leads are nice and mellow...everything else is cool, old school mix reminding me mid-1995 era :)

My main preamp (1.0) for so many years...lot of presets based around this famous 24 rectifier preset...I plugged it into Peavey Classic 50/50 (lack of balls a bit) and many cabs...dark sound, because of the non-bypassable so-called "cab emulation" (principaly a lo-pass filter...1993 technology) with my real cabs, but ok with bands...

About your mix, guitars sound ok for the song, a bit fuzzy when soloed, but nice with full band on...leads are nice and mellow...everything else is cool, old school mix reminding me mid-1995 era :)
Thanks a lot for your feedback. I literally have an on-off relationship with my Sansamp and recorded 3 tracks, published them on Youtube and deleted them again short after :eek:

You are absolutely right with the sound of the Sansamp through a power amp and a real cab... to me it sounds dark and muffled as well with "no balls" somehow and I don´t really like it. I came up with the idea to record the Sansamp direct without poweramp or additional IRs and to me, this is the best method. The guitars sound nice, especially in the mix with bass guitar and drums.

If you dont mind, you can check my other video were I recorded the Sansamp through a Mesa 2:Fifty poweramp into a Two Notes Torpedo Reload. Would be interested in your opinion regarding that sound :)

[QUOTE="SilentMelodiesStudio, post: 11384513, member: 161173"

You are absolutely right with the sound of the Sansamp through a power amp and a real cab... to me it sounds dark and muffled as well with "no balls" somehow and I don´t really like it."[/QUOTE]

In fact, more recently, I re-discovered this preamp with my overall upgraded gears (Bugera 6262 used as tube poweramp and 4x12 Recto), sound was pretty huge, for sure !

Of course it will sound dark through poweramp and cab. You don't put signal through cabinet that's already gone through one. It's not simple LP filter but also mid scoop and HP to emulate miced cabinet. I guess if you are tech savvy enough, you could put mod that bypass cab sim section.