Sansamp Psa-1 for distorted bass sounds

I have the Sansamp RPM, the VT Bass and the PSA-1.1
Pretty much dig the tone that I get with my RPM, VT and Ampeg SVT, so I'd be willing to sell the PSA, PM me if interested.
Distorted tones are pretty much everything you'll get from this, and, as Egan said, you should record a DI or clean amp track together with it.

About settings: I usually set the Crunch dial pretty high and the Punch pretty low. Preamp and Drive to taste. Don't go to crazy on the Buzz, I usually leave it flat. Works for me on Fenders, don't know about other basses/setups tho.

Another thing that seems to plague all PSA's: the buttons are digital, so every little vibration that the front panel is transferring to the buttons may cause the display to flash like you've changed a parameter.
I first got scared that the unit may be defective, but the thing to do is just program your presets, store them and use the "Disable buttons" command. Voila.

I bought Sansamp Bass Driver three months ago after working with Mnemic in a gig in madrid, man, that bass sounded awesome. With live use expectations bought the programable version of the BD.
Not digging it at all man, if I try to push it to the disto side, all I get is fuzzyness, untight sound....better results just using X50 + impulses on the DI track, then filter and blend, better results!