Satan's lounge band

Earth on Hell was awesome...hell all of it was. Makes me proud to be a fan for all these years.

Not sure if anyone caught it or not, but I think they screwed up the ending to "The Devil You Know". Did anyone else catch it? Maybe I was just tired....

At least joey nailed it on the national tv performance on Jimmy Fallon. Everyone has rough nights. Phil Anselmo sounded like absolute garbage. Joey just was having a hard time hitting some notes that night. Who knows maybe they were partying a bit that night. Seems like a relaxed atmosphere just having a good time.

But yeah Joey had a difficult night and I am sure he would even admit that one. Singing the way he does if your voice isn't 100 percent warmed up or if you have any type of irritation to your throat it's difficult to pull off!

But the reality is if you were actually at that concert you most likely wouldn't have even noticed. It is easy to watch some low quality webcast and point out imperfections. In a live setting when everything is LOUD and thumping it's not as noticeable.

ironmaidenfan09 said:
At least joey nailed it on the national tv performance on Jimmy Fallon. Everyone has rough nights. Phil Anselmo sounded like absolute garbage. Joey just was having a hard time hitting some notes that night. Who knows maybe they were partying a bit that night. Seems like a relaxed atmosphere just having a good time.

But yeah Joey had a difficult night and I am sure he would even admit that one. Singing the way he does if your voice isn't 100 percent warmed up or if you have any type of irritation to your throat it's difficult to pull off!

But the reality is if you were actually at that concert you most likely wouldn't have even noticed. It is easy to watch some low quality webcast and point out imperfections. In a live setting when everything is LOUD and thumping it's not as noticeable.

I actually have to agree with all of that.

Phil sounded like crap, it was depressing, makes me worried for the next Down album.

I actually have to agree with all of that.

Phil sounded like crap, it was depressing, makes me worried for the next Down album.

I am a bit baffled. Anselmo seemed to get through all of his demons and return to form in the past year. He sounded amazing a year ago. But in the past few months he seems to have lost his voice again and appears to be drinking and smoking a lot more. Not sure what his deal is. But he must be watching these performances and know he sounds terrible. Hopefully he just has something wrong with his voice due to an illness or something. But it's been really bad for a while now. I think it more has to do with him not taking care of his voice while on tour. It gets burned out and then he just keeps smoking and drinking and doesn't give a fuck.

In a studio setting he will get through it. It is just live he can't seem to handle a tour with all that abuse on his vocal chords night after night. Always sounds run down.

ironmaidenfan09 said:
I am a bit baffled. Anselmo seemed to get through all of his demons and return to form in the past year. He sounded amazing a year ago. But in the past few months he seems to have lost his voice again and appears to be drinking and smoking a lot more. Not sure what his deal is. But he must be watching these performances and know he sounds terrible. Hopefully he just has something wrong with his voice due to an illness or something. But it's been really bad for a while now. I think it more has to do with him not taking care of his voice while on tour. It gets burned out and then he just keeps smoking and drinking and doesn't give a fuck.

In a studio setting he will get through it. It is just live he can't seem to handle a tour with all that abuse on his vocal chords night after night. Always sounds run down.

I hope he's not back on the hard stuff.

I hope he's not back on the hard stuff.

Me too. Seems the first sign is his lowered voice. I really hope he isn't relapsing. That will be the end of him if he does. Most heroin addicts never fully kick the addiction. He is out on the road surrounded by temptations wings every night. Hopefully he is okay I really need me some new DOWN music

So, it doesn't seem like anyone from the board was there except for me. The show was good, not great. I honestly thought it'd be a longer set considering the whole thing was set up exclusively for them.

People were there early for an autograph signing. My friends and I found a spot right against the railing on the second tier and camped out. There was a female DJ playing metal up until the band came on. She was channeling RJD throughout as she kept dancing around with a sword; it was funny and cringe inducing at the same time.

I flipped on my phone and saw that Anthrax posted on facebook that it was supposed to start at 9. As I said up top, I figured they'd do a long headlining set, possibly 2 hours, so I was waiting for them to come on at 9. Nope, 9:30 they came on. So now I'm thinking they'll play until 11, maybe 11:30. Again, denied. They were off at 10:40. How do you have your own event and not do a headlining length set?

Like others have posted, I wish they did less covers and more of their own songs. Charlie was trying to get Joey behind the kit for "I'm the Man" but I think they're going to play it tomorrow (at least that's what I believe from reading between the lines between them).

Another disappointment was their merch table. Four really crappy looking t-shirts, the Dickie's work shirt that Scott wore onstage and that was it. I really want a shirt with the Fight 'Em artwork. How they don't make that shirt is beyond me.

I was really amused to see Frankie playing a purple bass. I instantly thought of the thread with people complaining about Rob's purple guitar.